🥇 BANNER 20 MUSKET BALLS..... 2 VERY AWESOME BUTTONS !!!!!!!! BEST YET!!

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out for a early hunt today.

Lotsa musket balls once again.

But the highlite of this hunt is my buttons !!!

Found the button with RP and CROWN on it early in my hunt ..but didn,t see anything on it until I got home and cleand it up...boy was i surprised.

Found the 75 button at the end of my hunt.... I have seen another one just like it on here somewhere but can,t find it.

I,m assuming they are from the 1700s... |?????????????

Any information on thes buttons would be appreciated.

2014-02-01 10.51.26.jpg 2014-02-01 10.51.51.jpg 2014-02-01 10.52.58.jpg 2014-02-01 10.54.03.jpg 2014-02-01 10.59.52.jpg

Upvote 38

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE.. but I would only sell it if i got another one ...but always nice to know what things are worth .

If you found them with your Sandshark, then it's a chunk of it paid off. :occasion14:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW--- thats a big price for a specimen in such bad shape..... mine must be worth a fair bit then as its in great shape..not 100% but very good in comparison.

TY for the link CRUSADER

RPs are BY FAR the most common Loyalist military button, and that's because several regiments enlisted soldiers wore them. Those two reasons is why even a decade ago when Loyalist buttons were at a premium RPs always sold for much less. The good news is... is where there's one Loyalist button there's usually more, and given the good condition you're getting, you got some great potential to really hit some good stuff. Back in the day pewters from the other regiments in that condition used to pay for detectors (good ones), but that's when they were extremely rare.... but even so it's not like they're common now so still pretty damn good. The key thing here is you seem to have the condition, at least no edge loss, so now you just have to come up with some other ones... and believe it ir not, the condition is probably the harder part of the equation for a good pewter button. That's where you water site comes in because they often come out better in fresh water. If it's salt, they're good for that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RPs are BY FAR the most common Loyalist military button, and that's because several regiments enlisted soldiers wore them. Those two reasons is why even a decade ago when Loyalist buttons were at a premium RPs always sold for much less. The good news is... is where there's one Loyalist button there's usually more, and given the good condition you're getting, you got some great potential to really hit some good stuff. Back in the day pewters from the other regiments in that condition used to pay for detectors (good ones), but that's when they were extremely rare.... but even so it's not like they're common now so still pretty damn good. The key thing here is you seem to have the condition, at least no edge loss, so now you just have to come up with some other ones... and believe it ir not, the condition is probably the harder part of the equation for a good pewter button. That's where you water site comes in because they often come out better in fresh water. If it's salt, they're good for that.

Very nice !!! great information.

I,m gonna return there tomorrow and see what i can come up with... hopefully I can come up with some more.

The edges are very good... gonna seal them as was advised.

Will post tomo what we find...hopefully I find another one for you !!!

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice !!! great information.

I,m gonna return there tomorrow and see what i can come up with... hopefully I can come up with some more.

The edges are very good... gonna seal them as was advised.

Will post tomo what we find...hopefully I find another one for you !!!

They usually washout of the bank, so there could be a very good site right above where you are digging.

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer hunt AQUA, Awesome buttons bro! The history behind them is priceless. Congrats! :notworthy:

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, you are really of to a great start for 2014. Those buttons are killer and I am sure there are going to be more in the area you are in. What's funny is I was just reading about the 57 Reg. of Foot today.
Good luck on your next hunt.
ZDD

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, you are really of to a great start for 2014. Those buttons are killer and I am sure there are going to be more in the area you are in. What's funny is I was just reading about the 57 Reg. of Foot today.
Good luck on your next hunt.
ZDD

Yes...looks like it might be a good year !!!!

Quite the coincidence you were just reading about that.lol.

I like my buttons ....hopefully I will come across some more there somewhere...I,ll give it a good going over this week if the weather cooperates.

Was out this morning for a hunt..will post it shortly.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Wow! No need for coins when you're finding buttons like that--and in that condition! GREAT Rev War finds there! As CC hunter said, seal with elmer's glue to prevent them starting to flake away and deteriorate.

Dig every signal in a site like that.

Congrats!

-Buck

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI AQUA; Great finds. Buttons are in near Mint State. The 57th Button is a more common variety and is valued at about $75 - $125. Now the RP button is the gem of the two. It is valued at up to $275.00 due to its condition. The one shown on ebay is a RIP OFF ok. That one is about $20 - $30 in real time prices ok. That's if youn couldv bfind a buyer for that one. Yours is a real Near Mint State gem and is "highly' sought after. It will sell asap ok.
Go back and search that area very "SLOWLY". Kill your discrimination and dis "EVERYTHING." ok. You'll be amazed as to what shows up ok. PEACE:RONB

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been thinking about this & these buttons don't show up so nice very often, specially two in the same day. For that reason I'm voting its a BANNER Day!

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been thinking about this & these buttons don't show up so nice very often, specially two in the same day. For that reason I'm voting its a BANNER Day!

WOW.. ty CRUSADER,,,,,,,

That would be my 1st BANNER vote since joining !!!!!

I,m still a newb at this hobby...I knew they were good finds ... but didn,t know how good. !!!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great buttons excellent shape! You hit the ground running this year!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread