🥇 BANNER My best find in 20 years!!! Incredible Ring!!!

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
After yesterday's great barber half find I was going to take a break today but the detecting bug woke me up early and said lets go, and sooooo glad I did. I have found many rings over the years but not any that I can really brag about, till today! Was going to head to my barber lot when on my way there I took a different route about 5 minutes away from it. Passing thru a neighborhood that dates back to the early 1900's when I seen one of the homes had recently been tore down and a empty lot was screaming at me to stop. After a very slow start and a few wheats and a mercury dime later I was thinking, not as good as I thought it was going to be, than bam! A strong 81-82 on my At pro, dug down about 4" when I seen it, still not sure what I had till I picked it up and realized I found my best ring ever. Looks from the style to be from the 1920's, Amethyst and diamonds and is 10k marked. Taking to Jewelers this week for cleaning and appraisal. I am one happy guy.

ForumRunner_20140202_164836.png

ForumRunner_20140202_164857.png

ForumRunner_20140202_164917.png

ForumRunner_20140202_164936.png

ForumRunner_20140202_164956.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165026.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165053.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165115.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165141.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165204.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165228.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165255.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165322.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165347.png

ForumRunner_20140202_165423.png

Upvote 107

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We do not attack members or their finds....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

The Dig Dig

Aug 25, 2013
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites E-Series (as my back up) Whites Surf Pro P.I. (for water) and a Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew the haters would be showing up sooner than later, glad you both could make it, oh and by the way empty lots here are open game here, next week it will be a parking lot. I would rather dig up history than see it coverd forever. See todays post of this same lot if your blood pressures dont get to high.

I'm not hating at all bro, I just know that no matter what area one is in its not cool to hunt someone's property without permission. It gives all of us a bad name/image. Just because its being turned into a parking lot doesn't mean it's not someone's land..... PS; I've been question a number of times on TN on if I asked first or not. I primarily hunt lots but never without permission. I also rarely get a no when asking but it has happened & it kills me cause I know the stuff will be gone forever. PSS, I congratulated you on the ring, it is nice

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

OP
OP
rayrayvegas

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I'm not hating at all bro, I just know that no matter what area one is in its not cool to hunt someone's property without permission. It gives all of us a bad name/image. Just because its being turned into a parking lot doesn't mean it's not someone's land..... PS; I've been question a number of times on TN on if I asked first or not. I primarily hunt lots but never without permission. I also rarely get a no when asking but it has happened & it kills me cause I know the stuff will be gone forever. PSS, I congratulated you on the ring, it is nice

I agree if there is a fence dont go in, if it says no tresspassing dont go in, if the lot is open and maybe i am wrong i say its open season. I have been hunting empty lots here for 20 years and never trespassed or jumped fences and have never been questioned or asked to leave from one. Funny, you seem to be the only one with a problem on this lot, the neighbors dont,said hi and good luck. The cops drove by(high crime area) waved and said hi, the homeless man who had his home set up in the corner for a month didnt seem botherd. And yes I do know about this lot, bank owned. And I just dont dig for treasure I dig for history, what I found today actually means more to me than my ring find and I am glad I hunted this lot and found this hopefully to be returned to his family. Its worth it to me and I dont think I broke any ethics in doing so.

The Dig Dig

Aug 25, 2013
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites E-Series (as my back up) Whites Surf Pro P.I. (for water) and a Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree if there is a fence dont go in, if it says no tresspassing dont go in, if the lot is open and maybe i am wrong i say its open season. I have been hunting empty lots here for 20 years and never trespassed or jumped fences and have never been questioned or asked to leave from one. Funny, you seem to be the only one with a problem on this lot, the neighbors dont,said hi and good luck. The cops drove by(high crime area) waved and said hi, the homeless man who had his home set up in the corner for a month didnt seem botherd. And yes I do know about this lot, bank owned. And I just dont dig for treasure I dig for history, what I found today actually means more to me than my ring find and I am glad I hunted this lot and found this hopefully to be returned to his family. Its worth it to me and I dont think I broke any ethics in doing so.

I'm not here to make enemies bro, nice ring, congrats & happy hunting

OP
OP
rayrayvegas

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I'm not here to make enemies bro, nice ring, congrats & happy hunting

Neither am I, first time I ever had a negative remark, just kinda threw me. Thanks for the congrats and the compliment on the ring. HH

CMartis

Jan 3, 2014
Northwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is an awesome find!! It would be mine just until I made it home to my wife. Then, bye bye ring... LOL

The Dig Dig

Aug 25, 2013
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neither am I, first time I ever had a negative remark, just kinda threw me. Thanks for the congrats and the compliment on the ring. HH

Seriously, I was the only one? Now I feel like ****. I post a lot in the Fl section & almost every time someone asks me "did you have permission to hunt that lot". It gets old cause I've never hunted one without permission, I've wanted to but just Don't. So knowing I hate it I shouldn't have questioned you on it. My bad, again congrats

OP
OP
rayrayvegas

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Seriously, I was the only one? Now I feel like ****. I post a lot in the Fl section & almost every time someone asks me "did you have permission to hunt that lot". It gets old cause I've never hunted one without permission, I've wanted to but just Don't. So knowing I hate it I shouldn't have questioned you on it. My bad, again congrats

No worries, its all good. I understand yours and others concerns and I dont take going on others property lightly. Some of these places ive watched for years before I step foot on them. Maybe things are different here in Vegas cause basically thats alot of all we have to search here. Almost 80% of the lots are unfenced. We have No old parks, not alot of older sites. Everything gets tore down than rebuilt. And dont feel bad it really is ok. Now go search some lots and find some treasure.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am going to have to agree with ''The Dig Dig''. An empty lot or not, somebody owns it and the proper etiquette is to always get permission. If it was your property, would you want somebody to trespass/detect without your say so?

OP
OP
rayrayvegas

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I am going to have to agree with ''The Dig Dig''. An empty lot or not, somebody owns it and the proper etiquette is to always get permission. If it was your property, would you want somebody to trespass/detect without your say so?

I dont think ill never change some peoples mind on this but all I can say these lots are not maintained or even checked on by the owners, which are all mostly bank owned. They are full of trash, needles, condoms, liquor bottles, homeless people. So I feel my presence there would make no difference. The lots are actually in better shape when I leave and have been thanked by neighbors and cops who have watched my activities of removing trash and commented on it. So am I representing myself and the hobby well. I feel I am!!! And have no intentions of changing. But thanks for the comments. I do understand where you are coming from. God luck on yiur hunts.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray, I think sometimes people don't realize how different things are in other parts of the country. I live in a very rural area that's very clean and there are hardly any vacant lots. The foreclosures in your area are pretty common and some areas in Vegas aren't quite as glamorous and nice as what we see on tv.
You know what's acceptable in your area and I would never tell you what you should and shouldn't do. If you're out there cleaning up these areas that others use as a trash pit or an area to use drugs, good for you. It's a very different world where you are and I think people need to understand that. If the locals and the law are happy to see you out there cleaning up the town, keep doing what you're doing my friend. All the best, Abe

OP
OP
rayrayvegas

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Ray, I think sometimes people don't realize how different things are in other parts of the country. I live in a very rural area that's very clean and there are hardly any vacant lots. The foreclosures in your area are pretty common and some areas in Vegas aren't quite as glamorous and nice as what we see on tv.
You know what's acceptable in your area and I would never tell you what you should and shouldn't do. If you're out there cleaning up these areas that others use as a trash pit or an area to use drugs, good for you. It's a very different world where you are and I think people need to understand that. If the locals and the law are happy to see you out there cleaning up the town, keep doing what you're doing my friend. All the best, Abe

Ahab, I really appreciate that sentiment. You are dead on on your observarion of this subject, I think every situation has to be looked at differently, thanks for the understanding. God luck and happy hunting.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahab, I really appreciate that sentiment. You are dead on on your observarion of this subject, I think every situation has to be looked at differently, thanks for the understanding. God luck and happy hunting.
I think people just lose perspective sometimes. I'm guilty as well of getting tunnel vision and only thinking of things in regards to my surroundings. It happens to all of us Ray. You seem like a straight up good person and I'm glad you've been doing well with your hunts. Keep up the great posts

megagem65

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jewelry is my greatest passion beyond my children and grand children ...I must say that's one beautiful piece you found there , CONGRATS GUY ! Happy hunting .

Yard Digger

Dec 20, 2009
Manila, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 with Bounty Hunter Headphones and TX-2002 Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, you got yourself a great find. Congratulations on making the banner with it. It's a beauty!

The Dig Dig

Aug 25, 2013
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont think ill never change some peoples mind on this but all I can say these lots are not maintained or even checked on by the owners, which are all mostly bank owned. They are full of trash, needles, condoms, liquor bottles, homeless people. So I feel my presence there would make no difference. The lots are actually in better shape when I leave and have been thanked by neighbors and cops who have watched my activities of removing trash and commented on it. So am I representing myself and the hobby well. I feel I am!!! And have no intentions of changing. But thanks for the comments. I do understand where you are coming from. God luck on yiur hunts.

Ok Ray, bank owned is open season in my book so once again, sorry for what I started

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread