Tesoro made me a believer.

G

garbage digger

Well as I said a few days ago I bought the wife a Tesoro Silver Sabre and today we finally got to try it out. I had never used Tesoro before and I must say they are pretty fun to hunt with and it pin points like a dream however it does have some occasional chatter, but I'm already used to it. It provided me with a few cool finds,42 coins and my first silver ring of the year. Boy was I happy to see that silver. ;D
THEFINDS.jpg

Upvote 0

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
It feels good when a new detector finds silver and gold.

Now you know it works!

Congratulations!

Ridley

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
That is a beautiful silver ring, glad to hear the machine is performing for you. Happy Swinging.

OP
OP
G

garbage digger

Gribnitz said:
Works and you can't beat the warranty either :)

Sadly from what I understand Tesoro's book says the warranty is only offered to the individual who turned in the registration card. Considering I bought the detector used that person would not be me. :'(

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
gd, that's a sweet ring and even sweeter for your wife to let you borrow her machine. LOL Guess she gets the ring as rent due whle letting you keep the relics and clad. ;)

OP
OP
G

garbage digger

stoney56 said:
gd, that's a sweet ring and even sweeter for your wife to let you borrow her machine. LOL Guess she gets the ring as rent due whle letting you keep the relics and clad. ;)

We keep our finds together. She likes to claim them, but we know who dug them ;D Thanks for rubbing in the underlined HER machine. :D If I would have known the machine was gonna be so user friendly I would have given her my Compass and bought the Sabre for myself. Although after I hunted today the first thing I did was jump on Ebay and buy another tesoro detector 8) What can I say I'm really growing quite fond of the little machines.

Eddy1H

Dec 17, 2006
Rockwall Texas
Detector(s) used
Cz20, Cz6a, 1212X, Minelab, Muskateer Advantage Whites, XLT, Surf PI, Garrett TR
Congrats on your new detector and your silver, very nice

Eddy

wishbone1958

Jan 13, 2007
southern illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Trac- Tesoro Compadre
Besides the occasional chatter I get from my Lobo and Compadre..Tesoro made me a believer as well.. Happy hunting....

momule55

Nov 9, 2006
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra's The Great One's!!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They are great!! What one do you have, the older under the pole mount? Great finds!!!

OP
OP
G

garbage digger

momule55 said:
They are great!! What one do you have, the older under the pole mount? Great finds!!!

I have this Sabre and I picked up a Tesoro Bandido II uMax. Has anyone used the Bandido? How is the pinpoint on them? I haven't had the chance to use one, but have heard they are good little machines as well.
SABRE.jpg

larrybass

Jan 12, 2006
Ottawa, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Amigo
Hey garbage digger, that's a lot of stuff there! :) Very kool ring! 8) I'm glad to see that you have jumped on the Tesoro bandwagon too. These machines LOVE silver. I've been using my old Tesoro for over two decades now and it's a silver sniffin' fool to be sure. Over the years I've hunted with a few other guys using different makes and models of machines and these "Treasures" can hear silver where others usually spit and null and squak and stuff. I love Jack Gifford tools! ;)

Go Tesoro! :)

lb

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Digger. I just got a Cibola and hope I can find some goodies when the weather warms up. Best of luck on your future hunts, Merf

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
garbage digger said:
Gribnitz said:
Works and you can't beat the warranty either :)

Sadly from what I understand Tesoro's book says the warranty is only offered to the individual who turned in the registration card. Considering I bought the detector used that person would not be me. :'(

Fear not, this fine company is well known for repairing their own, regardless of the owner. For that reason, I am and will continue to be a repeat customer.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job GD.
I too am a Tesoro lover. I've had my Cutlass Umax since 1999, and seem to do very well with it. My machine would be a notch below your Silver Sabre.
Way to go.
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread