Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
With more snow & cold weather upon us, the cabin fever is running high. I stumbled across these pics and realized that I had some of my best hunts here, a few years back. I returned earlier this year, finding virtually nothing except some recently dropped coins.

It is a ghost town (more of a ghost street) with about 8 houses and an old school house, located in West Trenton, NJ. The state owns the property, in the shadow of what was once called the New Jersey State Lunatic Asylum.

What are some of your favorite places that you had the opportunity to hunt?

Attachments

• gt1.jpg
    gt1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 828
  • gt2.jpg
    gt2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 828
  • gt3.jpg
    gt3.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 821
  • gt4.jpg
    gt4.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 809
  • gt5.jpg
    gt5.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 800
Upvote 0
OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
a few more pics...

Attachments

• gt6.jpg
    gt6.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 802
  • gt7.jpg
    gt7.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 794
  • gt8.jpg
    gt8.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 795

ghostrider1775

Dec 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI/ Grand Master Hunter CX3
I would have to say.. An abondoned amusement park that I hunted the heck out of, at about 4 years of hunting it I pulled out I would have say 1300 coins, have of that was silver. It was a great spot!!!

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A trading post from the 1650s. Located in Maryland along the Chesapeake bay - this place produced 2 Spanish cobs and a Massachusetts sixpence and an amazing abundance of cool relics. That was 11 years ago. Probably a once is a lifetime site. It was awesome!

HH, Gary

Matejko

Jul 18, 2005
Warsaw-Poland
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V
Neil in West Jersey said:
What are some of your favorite places that you had the opportunity to hunt?
Hi.

I prefer wildlife. ;D

Places to hunt.
By Matejko.

My best places in Poland. :)

Pozdrawiam Matejko

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
An old college in Southern Indiana...

gold rings, silver dating back around 1805(spanish 1 reale) and I'd say maybe 1000+ coins mostly from 1880-1930. Still go there about once a year but finds now are very few but fun!

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
my two best spots ever were old parks. suprising, yes, but the coins were there. also a couple old churches.

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
I would say a cabin site on a friend's ranch here in North Texas from the 1800's....going back this weekend, and will post finds, and pics of the cabin and surrounding areas...
Sean

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Some of the places I hunt right now are the very best!! Indian War era relics with buttons and bullets galore.

But, since I don't talk about where they are, I prolly should not have even posted...

Disregard this post.

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Montana Jim said:
Some of the places I hunt right now are the very best!! Indian War era relics with buttons and bullets galore.

But, since I don't talk about where they are, I prolly should not have even posted...

Disregard this post.

Disregarding ;D

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
I've had a few over the yrs.

One sticks out to me the most though. Found a really old picnic grove a few yrs back. It was a large old grove. I found thousands of old coins.

Hundreds of indians. Alot of v-nickles buffloes shield nickles. It wasn't a silver mine for some reason. I did get some barber dimes and a few other silver items.

But it was virtually silver less. Maybe it was hit for the silver. But there was so much trash and other targets. It would have made it really hard to get all the silver.

And who would have left all those indians and other old coins behind. I also had another site that was great for silver.

It was a lawn in front of a old dance club that went back to the 20's. I found over a 100 silver coins. Some gold rings. I couldn't beleive they missed this site over the yrs.

HH Jer

B

BIG61AL

Some of us are still looking for their best site ever. Maybe someday - maybe never.

mikesand

Feb 5, 2007
SE bucks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
BH Lonestar/ BH Pinpointer
Teknetics Liberator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how long did it take for you to search all that property? weeks/ months?

donny nj

Jan 19, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neil now that you gave away your site which is easy to find by those pics and discription......I wouldnt get your hopes up in the future when those lawns are covered with hunters for sure!! :(

The legend hunter Karl Von Mueller said it right in his books...

"Out of Sight...Out Of Mind"

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
donny nj said:
Neil now that you gave away your site which is easy to find by those pics and discription......I wouldnt get your hopes up in the future when those lawns are covered with hunters for sure!! :(

how long did it take for you to search all that property? weeks/ months?

Donny:
The state now has "No Trespassing" signs all over the place. I went back there about 9 or 10 times around 2000-2001 and found tons of coins and other artifacts dating from about 1890-1980. I returned twice earlier this year and found virtually NOTHING, so I am not afraid to give out the site. It is still awesome to stand in the middle of the street and imagine what it was once like.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=2&S=11&Z=18&X=1291&Y=11135&W=1&qs=west+street%7ctrenton%7cnj%7c&Addr=West+St%2c+Trenton%2c+NJ+08611&ALon=-74.7393928&ALat=40.2093885

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spain as a hunting place was good, I've had a lot of good sites but one or two stand out..
when I was in Spain, me and a friend tried a site we called "PINAR DE LOS FRANCESAS"
a place next to some salt flats where even today salt is still mined by evaporation.
There was a wooded pine tree area on higher ground, 100 - 150 yards from the salt flats.
So we hunted there, and found only a few minor musket balls, and 1-2 buttons...
We blew it off as a waste...
Fast foward 2 years, and me and my x went back to this site to do some exploring..
and we started hunting closer to the salt water flats, all the way up next to the water.
It must have been some kind of modern day picnic area as there was some moderate amount of trash, but in this area, (2-3 acres ?) we uncovered many many old coins, musket
balls, French and Brittish and Spanish Napoleon war buttons, even a small solid shot cannon ball, 7 silver Real coins came out of this are, along with a single... 8 Real 1808
coin. probably over 100 other various coins, some of types I had never seen even after
hunting in Spain for 3 years. There were several "pockets" of coins, as if someone had lost
a small pouch or perse in a close area, 3-4 of these yielded 12-15 coins each,
and another "pocket" preduced 25 coins from of 3 different types of Vatican coins made
in Italy with dates of 1499 - 1501. there was no ground clutter like bricks or things to indicate there had ever been anything there, so you would not have been able to eyeball it.
My best guise is that it had been used During the Napoleon war of 1808 as an incampment, but because of the view of another major city Cadiz, 10 miles away, it
was probably a picnic area for better off, Spaniards and also for the Salt workers..
We found 2 variaties of Salt worker buttons, but also coins from other countries like
Gibraltar.
The soil was sand, and the targets sounded real nice and clean....
The 8 real was in a trashy area from the picnic people and I only got lucky with it, as
I was crossing this area fast to avoid aluminum cans and may machine gave an exploding
loud signal, I believed at first was trash, thinking it probably was a can, i took my shovel and fliped the sand up and I could see the shape of the coin on the ground, big and
round..... I almost died....
Yes I think that this was the best place I've ever hunted...
Richard
(check the website link to see some of those coins and buttons) (all over 10 years ago, as
I left Spain in 1996)

donny nj

Jan 19, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Donny:
The state now has "No Trespassing" signs all over the place. I went back there about 9 or 10 times around 2000-2001 and found tons of coins and other artifacts dating from about 1890-1980. I returned twice earlier this year and found virtually NOTHING, so I am not afraid to give out the site. It is still awesome to stand in the middle of the street and imagine what it was once like.

Neil I was just talking in general......its an unwritten rule in treasure hunting to Shhhhhhhhhhhhh about sites ....anyway HH 8)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've got a couple Neil..But the best place that I've hunted and still am are the farm's I have around Antietam,picked a second one last year...All private property but "permission" is the key...HH!!

emesis

Mar 12, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fort Knox......but they threw me out before I could pinpoint. Seriously, I've only been at it one year, and I haven't found my hot spot yet.....Maybe tomorrow.

PFP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread