52nd BRITISH REGIMENT OXFORDSHIRE BUTTON.....EXCELLENT SHAPE !!!!!

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got up this morning....looked at the temperature.

-10 !!!!!!!!!!!!! . I said don,t think so...good day to stay home and it is snowing besides.

So i had my usual morning coffees.....8:30 comes... phone rings it a hunting buddy... btw he just started detecting after c
Christmas... and shortly thereafter became an addict .....like a lot of us.

He says ..what ya doing...we going hunting.... I laugh and say --- well it is freaking cold but I guess we can try ...worse that can happen we freeze and gotta come back home.

So away we go...snowing and all.

Hunted for 4 hrs ....and it was cold !!!......but then the snow stopped and the sun came out after a couple hours and was actually quite nice as long as ya kept busy swinging and digging.

Started off good my chum found a coin right off the start..old copper non legible. I was finding all musket balls and bullets...lots of them everywhere but nothing else. So decided to try another further down ....but was slow to get there ..as you can see I was busy digging musket balls .
By the time I got t o where I was going I was getting tired and thinking about turning back to the truck.

So we started working our way back... the SandShark rang in a solid hit..could tell it was small..but figured ...OH WOW ANOTHER MUSKET BALL LOL.....BOOOO.

Dug it ..out popped a button...wasn,t sure at first until I found a un-frozen puddle and gently washed the dirt off.

Then I seen the design and knew I had something special . .... needless to say I was excited ...and the condition was excellent
............ the back clasp was intact ..but fell off when i rinsed it. Thats 3 beautiful buttons this year and not even 1 noteable button last year.

These are the times that keep us digging.... VERY HAPPY !!!!

These musket balls and bullets are from 5.5 hrs of digging....4hrs to day and 1.5 hrs yesterday...thats a lot of lead.

2014-02-06 15.45.44.jpg 2014-02-06 15.46.26.jpg 2014-02-06 15.47.55.jpg 2014-02-06 15.48.27.jpg 2014-02-06 15.49.25.jpg

Upvote 11

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TY.... OLD DUDE

For me the coins have been the most exciting finds....but after finding these buttons.... I think coins have fallen out 1st place.!!!

When I started I was finding great buttons left and right, but couldn't find an older silver coin to save my life. After my first year, maybe longer, my only silver was a pretty beat up 1816 Sixpence I found on the shore.... but I had a nice case of early military buttons. Luckily things eventually started to balance out, and now I have a good pile of old silver too, including what is my best find. As long as you keep digging and looking for new old sites to hunt, years down the road you'll have a very well rounded collection.

I'll send you a link of the post I made when I hit 10 years.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I started I was finding great buttons left and right, but couldn't find an older silver coin to save my life. After my first year, maybe longer, my only silver was a pretty beat up 1816 Sixpence I found on the shore.... but I had a nice case of early military buttons. Luckily things eventually started to balance out, and now I have a good pile of old silver too, including what is my best find. As long as you keep digging and looking for new old sites to hunt, years down the road you'll have a very well rounded collection.

I'll send you a link of the post I made when I hit 10 years.

Yeah I just mentioned to him that as of barely one year in he is doing OK. (or better)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome detail on that button congrats! A lot of great finds are made "on the way back to the vehicle"! Must be something to that!

Congratulations the two of you for keeping our mystic as TH'ers alive and thriving! I can't even imagine what people thought! Lol!

Glad your detector seems fine in those tempts, my screen gets a little slow.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELL,,,,

The way this is turning out, your future, is really BRIGHT!!!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELL,,,,

The way this is turning out, your future, is really BRIGHT!!!

And this is off the shore, which is usually just the tip of the iceberg. Imagine what the pewter buttons might look like off land without the pitting..... and the great thing about this Spring is the large amount of snow will have everything beat down pretty good.

For 2014 Aqua could be the new Rick (Nova Scotia) :laughing7:

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And this is off the shore, which is usually just the tip of the iceberg. Imagine what the pewter buttons might look like off land without the pitting..... and the great thing about this Spring is the large amount of snow will have everything beat down pretty good.

For 2014 Aqua could be the new Rick (Nova Scotia) :laughing7:

RICK is a tough act yo follow !!!!

lol...think i,ll need a few more years at this to catch up to him..... I think it is his curly hair that acts like a divining rod...that is how he finds all them spanish silvers !!!!!

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your efforts and perserverence paid off. That's awesome. Nova Scotia is awesome, too. Love to vacation there(MD packed of course)

If you ever get this way ....drop me a message--we can maybe get out for a hunt.... Nova Scotia is a beautiful place !!!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful button and a nice center piece for any display!

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another killer hunt Aqua,Congrats. You are really inspiring me to go out in the cold, cold weather and dig some dirt.
I have other things on the go right now and for next weekend as well but after that I think I will gather up my hunting buddy and make a trip up your way.
ZDD

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHA.. yea...gotta scratch that itch bud.

His machine should be in by then also...look me up !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions