Need help identifying this necklace please

Feb 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had recieved this necklace as a gift and i thought it was unique and different. I need to know if it has meaning, or if its of religious significance. I also found a note inside the necklace. Yes a note, but unfortunetly its in a different language. It looks like the origin of the language is middle eastern, but yeah like i said cant read it, and even if i could, its kinda small to read. So if anyone can identify the necklace, and if they can read the note, it would be much appreciated, thanks.
P.S sorry if the note is hard to read,thats as best as my camera gets.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The note looks like it was printed...is it? The language looks to be Arabic. If I had to venture a guess it is an Islamic prayer/verse from the Quarancontained in the necklace.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen a lot of jewelry from India , and Pakistan - that looks similar - could be Indonesian , perhaps Bali -

OP
OP
I
Feb 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it is printed. Hmm thats seems like a probable answer

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife makes Jewelry, and the spacers in that necklace look identical to the ones she buys on eBay.

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No idea where its from but it is Very nice. The pyramid shape makes me want to say Egypt but that's just a guess. Curious to find out.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a suggestion, you need to get a camera with macro capability, most smart phones have this. Get a closeup shot and post it so it is upright in the "what is it" forum and this thread. Then I bet you will get a positive ID. Good luck.

OP
OP
I
Feb 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont have a camera other than the one on my ipad, and i dont have a phone. So thats as best as the pics r gunna get

OP
OP
I
Feb 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And i prefer people to answer this question, if they actually know the answer, not just guesses.

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And i prefer people to answer this question, if they actually know the answer, not just guesses.

With all due respect, anyone commenting on photos will just be guessing. Without actually holding the piece even an expert with 40 years experience cannot truly be sure.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you photo copy the paper and then enlarge it so you can post it?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just type it into Google. If it exists it will most likely give you your answer in seconds.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont have a camera other than the one on my ipad, and i dont have a phone. So thats as best as the pics r gunna get

That's just how we roll around here, guessing until someone gets it right? I have allot of friends with cameras and smart phones, but that is as good as it's gunna get with my suggestions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread