New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was back in the site I found the cap gun and bottles, Monday I went on a hunt with oldjerseygirl (five minites in she found a Indian arrowhead) She gave me a bottle probe that used to be her dads, so I wanted to try it and metal detect. It was cold had been below freezing for over 24 hours so I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to probe or not. I had a sharp hatchet in my book bag and was carrying a shovel and probe in other hand, my plan was to look under the small bottle pile to see if it went deep. I could not believe it but the probe poked right through the frozen ground and I was able to poke around fifty times all around the area looking for glass. I finally just dug a hole about four feet deep and three foot square under the pile. Nothing but dirt. There are two other small "dumps" in the area that I did not test yet. From there I wanted to walk down through a swamp towards a stream to metal detect. There is a overgrown road that goes to this spot which I had not been to yet. It was very hard walking through the woods with my hands full of tools. I finally made it to a spot where I could stash the tools and lighten my load. All the while hunting with my iron discrim turned way down to just locate anything. First hit I got was a brass whatsit down about 8 inches?

Fifty yards from that I found a shot gun brass, I aged it using a website, 1898-1932, it a "Western----No. 12---- Field"

Another fifty yards in I found another metal whatsit?

I only spent an hour doing this I'm going back today to hunt some more.
Thanks for looking, HH
Brad

Upvote 1

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
That's some random stuff .. The top circular piece looks like a light or a gauge bezel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread