Found today at Bolinas Beach, Northern California

Marin County CA

Greenie
Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesaro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I have been metal detecting for about 4 months now. This is my first post. I live in Northern California and use the Tesaro Compadre. Detector. I love it because it is light and easy for beginners -- I always find something with it. I may need to trade up though because I can't seem to get it to work without false signals on wet sand. (Any tips appreciated!) The items I found today were on dry sand.

I do not see many postings for Northern California. We are limited here because we can't detect on national land and many of the beaches right around San Francisco fall into this category. I drove about 1 hour north of San Francisco to a small unincorporated town called Bolinas. People were very friendly here. I also got a great sandwich in the convenience store. I am posting this as it was not advertised and there is only one restaurant in town. Gas up before going here as the pump said almost $6 per gallon! The art museum is free and I checked that out too. image.jpg image.jpg
Katharine

Upvote 5

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go. Check out the metal detecting forums here and they will give you good ideas on the wet sand and water machines. I know Tesoro and several other companies offer good machines for that type of hunting.. Again welcome to the forum.

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like you incorporated a nice little learning trip into your hunt. It's always fun to immerse yourself into the local scene a bit while out and about.

Qball

Jan 18, 2013
northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
nox 800 xp deus, CTX, etrac,T2, gonkulator
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NorCal is tough for beaches because of the new federal marine conservation zones recently implemented. you may have been one and not known it so be sure to check carefully. the penalties can be severe and the boundaries unclear until you are busted. Good luck,Q

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Katherine...I live in Santa Cruz County, not to far from you..No problem MDing on Santa Cruz beaches...

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Stripeythecrab

Apr 4, 2013
WI, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the boards! :hello: I hope we get to hear more from you on your next finds!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice array of finds! Welcome to T Net.

We have a "National Sea Shore" on Cape Cod that' off limits too.

Keep at it and you will make a lot of good finds! GL. HH

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Welcome to t-net! :icon_thumright: I don't have same detector as you, but advise you to detect very slowly on wet sand, and even more important, fiddle around with all your settings and dials until you find the least possible "false signal" interference -- you may need to adjust this at various beaches as wet sands don't all "false signal" the same way, lol :tongue3: That's what I've done with my Bounty Hunter because I love to detect damp sand near shorelines. HAVE FUN! :cat: Andi

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post, good work, I wish you the best of luck. I'm getting ready to hit the beach here in NJ, it's supposed to be fifty degrees this afternoon. WOO WOO !

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NorCal is tough for beaches because of the new federal marine conservation zones recently implemented. you may have been one and not known it so be sure to check carefully. the penalties can be severe and the boundaries unclear until you are busted. Good luck,Q

Me too!! WELCOME!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread