jaypop06

Feb 19, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After work, I decided to hit a local park that I have never detected before. Didn't get to stay very long (about an 1 1/2) but I did find a few things. Since finding bottle caps are a given, I have recently started saving the ones that I have never seen around my parts before. It actually turns into a pretty neat hobby as I've found several other people around my area that do the same. I found a set of keys, never found a key before and today I found 3 on a keychain so I'm counting it as a score regardless. The other item on the left of the keys I at first thought was a Model "T" Valve Stem cover, but the more I check around, I don't think that's what it is. The last two items are an old wheel weight and a toasted 2005 penny. All in all, not a bad day. It was just nice to finally get outside without snow being everywhere. I plan on hitting it again tomorrow. I'll let ya know if I find anything good. Also, if anyone knows what I thought was a Model "T" valve stem cover actually is, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG
suspected valve stem cover ^^^

Upvote 4

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone had a bad day, losing those keys. Ya know, I'll bet there are a few here who won't know what that other thing on the key chain is actually. ;)

At least you're digging!

OP
OP
J

jaypop06

Feb 19, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully some will know what the other thing on the key chain is LOL!!! Thats the main reason I saved the bottle cap, it was found about 12 inches from the keys LOL!!!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your suspected valve stem cover is actually a crushed CO2 canister for an air pistol or rifle.

OP
OP
J

jaypop06

Feb 19, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your suspected valve stem cover is actually a crushed CO2 canister for an air pistol or rifle.

I never thought of that. The main thing that made me rethink the valve stem cover was the weight of the thing, or lack there of. It is very light. Thanks for the info...

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can show you how to operate that thing on the key chain!
Pretty sure "Back of the boat" is right, that is a CO 2 bottle canister.
Congrats on finds! Feels good to get out doesn't it!

I'm going out Sunday come hell or high water , cause we're getting a snow storm Wed.!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread