Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I decided to spent a good portion of the day mding.I picked up where I left off yesterday at the same school and same hole.Here are some pics of the school and the spot.Notice the farm fence,this is where I decided that there was not too much if any fill dirt was scattered during one of the many additions to the school.I managed to get 6 more wheats 18,44,45x2,46,and a 48 from that same spot.In another area I dug this 10cent play money aluminum coin.I think I remember seeing the same coin posted some time ago,please help if you know.I dug an old button,any ideas of age?Lastly I dug almost $1 in clad.

Now for the 2nd part of the day.I went to my folks for supper today and my dad said the neighbor dozered his house to rebuild.Knowing that I would like to md it he asked him last week if it was ok.He said "knock yourself out but I dont think he'll find anything." Almost dreading all the trash,(its always better to get in before they demo and scatter all the trash). After digging ALOT of trash I came up with a wheat,then another 57-D and 58-D.I moved to where people would get in/out of cars and found a 49 nickle and a clad dime and quarter.I kept searching this area glad to at least not be digging trash when I got another dime sig and out pops 63 rosie.Now Im happy, a weekend full of two areas that I knew had silver but yet it eluded me.My next sig bounced from dime/quarter.Figuring another silver rosie i dug and out popped this little aluminum disc? I thought why is this electrical knockout aluminum,never saw one of those? After rubbing it in my fingers( honestly was gonna drop in the trash side of pouch) haha,I see lady liberty with her shield.WHEW,glad I keep all trash till I get to a can anyway.Her date is worn away but I can see that it is an S-mint.Really happy now I decided Id had enough and went to eat.

Two day totals were 15 wheats,1 buff,1 silver rosie,and 1 SLQ.1 very old button and a 10 cent play coin.Not a bad weekend at all.I did work hard as heck and stayed determined.Kept lookin at the school grounds thinking to self "I should just run over there and dig a bunch of clad a while",glad I stayed focused and it payed off.

Thanx for lookin,jimmy

Attachments

• sch1.jpg
    sch1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 523
  • sch2.jpg
    sch2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 526
  • sch3.jpg
    sch3.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 535
  • sch4.jpg
    sch4.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 535
  • dam3.jpg
    dam3.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 526
  • dam5.jpg
    dam5.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 517
  • home1.jpg
    home1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 519
Upvote 0

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Congratulations on the SLQ!

I hope to find one of those one day.

Excellent!

Ridley

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
Nice SLQ. They werent made for many years and are few and far between. There like buffalos, dates wear easily.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great two days of hunting. Also great detective work on the school site. Most guys just hunt school sites and don't think about what was filled in. It's good to check out area's that are a little lower than the rest of the ground. Just like you found out, some of the school yard was filled in, but they didn't get it all covered. Way to go and great finds. Love the SLQ.

HH, and remember keep the coil to the soil, Ringfinder

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
That is strange,I dug my first and only slq at an old school site,I too thought it was a punch-out from an electrical box but threw it in the keeper side of my pouch anyway. I didnt realize it was an slq till several days later when I was getting ready to make a post,great hunting...Shoot

OP
OP
Getty

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanx for the replies everyone.Persistance does pay off.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had a GREAT weekend, Jimmy! 8) Glad you didn't toss the SLQ! :o

Love the pictures too! Nana :)

Top Member Reactions