10K GP ring and a lump ocoal!

partenr

Jan 12, 2007
Eastern Washington State
Detector(s) used
White's Classic II
10K GP ring and a lump o'coal!

I hunted this elementary school for over 4 hours and din't find a single quarter. i think maybe it's been hit before <wink> Did dig up a chunk of raw coal...pretty cool.

My fiance' thinks the child's ring is old...I dunno...not much "old" in the topsoil in my area. However, she had a good point in that it may be old, yet just lost yesterday.

Attachments

• 070311.JPG
    070311.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 440
  • 070311_ring.JPG
    070311_ring.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 426
  • 070311_coal.JPG
    070311_coal.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 419
Upvote 0

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 10K GP ring and a lump o'coal!

Nice ring!! WTG!!

Functional

Feb 16, 2007
Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
Detector(s) used
A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.

Some more good finds there. The ring is slightly out of focus, but looks like it says 1/20 inside, (not that I would know what that means). I blew it up to see what it said.

ring.jpg

From the look of the stones, I'd guess they were small emeralds. You'll soon have enough for some really fancy MD's, or maybe even a GPR unit, if you keep finding stuff like that.

F.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE

Nice ring.

If the ring is marked 1/20th that would most likely would mean that the ring is Gold Filled. The mark should look like this:
1/20 10K GF or something like that.

With a mark like 1/20 on the ring, it's modern, only modern GF rings are marked like that.

Example:
A ring mark like would mean that the ring is 1/20 gold by by weight. If you had a 100lb GF item marked 1/20 10K GF, it would have 5lb of 10k gold on it, that's how it works.

And the coal looks like a lump of tar with a stone trapped inside it.

mikesand

Feb 5, 2007
SE bucks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
BH Lonestar/ BH Pinpointer
Teknetics Liberator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hey, if you put as much pressure on that piece of coal as my girl has put on me , you'll have yourself one heck of a diamond. lol!

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Nice pocketfull of stuff... I dunno about the coal - tar - rock thing... but for a few weeks now I just keep going back and looking at your avatar. I think that's pretty damned funny, and only kind of disturbing! LMAO :D

G

garbage digger

Cool finds. I have never dug a chunk of coal. Congrats on the ring. They always make me happy real or not a ring is a ring ;D

OP
OP
partenr

partenr

Jan 12, 2007
Eastern Washington State
Detector(s) used
White's Classic II

Montana Jim,

Well here she is. You can't tell me I'm not doing a decent impression. She doesn't look much like a genius, as I expect I do not. But she is a sweety & funny animal. Gosh, thanks for the laugh!!

And that really is coal. My area here in the Northwest was settled by coal miners. My immediate area is called "Coalfield".

Attachments

• uhbaAvatar.JPG
    uhbaAvatar.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 193

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread