Large Cents, Indians and One AWESOME Find!!

Nooberz

Nov 16, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out to the field I found the Flying eagle a few weeks back, and decided to try it again. I ended up staying there for two hours without nothing in my keeper pouch. On the way out I was swinging and ended up nailing a nice 1853 Large Cent.

Yesterday I got permission for a ton of new sites. I had an itch to scratch so I decided to check a couple out. The first site was tore down long before 1900 but had very few signals. The only keepers I ended up getting was a decent 1865 Indian and a 1863 Fatty, The next site I found out was covered by dirt from the stone quarry nearby, but somehow a nice little Civil War Store Card made it to the surface. I was really expecting junk since I was not near the site and it was a completely random signal.

Today was great. Except for the mud. I started gridding another site that was quite old. The first target ended up being a 1880 Indian. This place was very messy with iron but I stuck it out. The next target was another 1863 Fatty. The next two targets came within 10 minutes of each other and were a 1828 Large Cent and a no date 1830s large cent. This site still has more goodies that will have to wait until the ground is less like quick sand.

Lastly I hit a site that was right along the rode and was an absolute mess. Mud was coming in over my boots. BUT I did end up digging one of the coolest things. It appears to be a Counterfeit Seated Liberty Quarter Die. I ended up keeping it because it was pewter and had a hole drilled in it. I noticed the reverse of a seated quarter after letting it dry. It appears to be a die but it also looks like the person was trying to cut it out. I have someone checking it out and getting back with me. Hopefully I get good news soon.

Attachments

• DSC_0316.JPG
    DSC_0316.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC_0327.JPG
    DSC_0327.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC_0331.JPG
    DSC_0331.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC_0336.JPG
    DSC_0336.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC_0319.JPG
    DSC_0319.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC_0323.JPG
    DSC_0323.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 142
Upvote 1

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice copper haul, just as good as a silver haul just not as shinny... :laughing7:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

sliverofsilver

Apr 23, 2011
howell , nj
Detector(s) used
eyes, whites classic SL ,Bounty Hunter Tracker I-D/505 ,
Discovery 1100, eyes,hatchet,shovel,scoop,for now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds
keep us posted
i like that token
HH

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love the 1863 trade token.

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting counterfeit die! Never seen one.

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a lead 2 cent coin last year. It looks like someone may have been making a similar coin and didn't finish, or perhaps they just hammered an imprint for fun. I hope your thesis is right though, because a counterfeit die would be wicked cool. Excellent finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions