47th Revolutionary War..........Very to extremely rare button !!

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this one 2 days ago and posted it in another thread.

I had no idea what it was other than a old war button.....IRON PATCH has given a positive ID on it as allways !!!

So thought I would re-post as it has a lot of history associated with it ...American/British/ Canadian.

2014-03-13 10.16.19.jpg 2014-03-13 10.17.23.jpg

untitled.png

This is IRON PATCH reply on the other thread....

I would say it's probably extremely rare. Have you ever heard the phrase "Shot Heard around the World"? It refers to the first shot fired of the Revolutionary War at the battle of Lexington and Concord, and what's cool is the 47th Regiment was there. Only a short time later the unit was sent to Halifax which is most likely the reason it ended up on the river for you to find. It's too bad about the condition, but anyone who has a true appreciation for these buttons would be able to get passed that and recognize it for the history it has.

ALSO..here is some back ground info on the 47th.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/47th_(Lancashire)_Regiment_of_Foot

Many thanks goes out to IRON PATCH.

Treasurenet and its members are a wealth of information and it surely is appreciated.

Last edited:
Upvote 6

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find and love the history behind it! Big congrats!

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IP is awesome and has helped me out a lot and always been great about tips and id's. That is a killer button bro and you are absolutely killing it. If this damn snow ever melts I hope to be posting some great stuff soon. Just discovered a site with some incredible colonial potential that I don't believe has ever been hunted. The person that owns the property still has the original deed from a local indian chief. It has his "Mark" on it and is incredible. Her family was always very fair with the natives and were spared on several occasions when others were not as lucky. I wish I had the worlds biggest blow dryer and I could melt the snow and thaw the ground at this site. This is KILLING me. If my year is half as good as your 2 months have been I will be doing well.
You're lucky to have people like IP and Rick and Romeo and ZDD. All great guys who have always been really good to me. I found a complete colonial shoe buckle last year and didn't have a clue what it was :-) they kindly informed me what I had. I'm sure in their heads they laughing and thinking I am a real idiot. They would be right :-) haha

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IP is awesome and has helped me out a lot and always been great about tips and id's. That is a killer button bro and you are absolutely killing it. If this damn snow ever melts I hope to be posting some great stuff soon. Just discovered a site with some incredible colonial potential that I don't believe has ever been hunted. The person that owns the property still has the original deed from a local indian chief. It has his "Mark" on it and is incredible. Her family was always very fair with the natives and were spared on several occasions when others were not as lucky. I wish I had the worlds biggest blow dryer and I could melt the snow and thaw the ground at this site. This is KILLING me. If my year is half as good as your 2 months have been I will be doing well.
You're lucky to have people like IP and Rick and Romeo and ZDD. All great guys who have always been really good to me. I found a complete colonial shoe buckle last year and didn't have a clue what it was :-) they kindly informed me what I had. I'm sure in their heads they laughing and thinking I am a real idiot. They would be right :-) haha

Hi Ahab

ty for looking.... and yes they are good guys with a wealth of information ..very very helpfull for sure.

I have learnt a lot since joining the site.

WITH ALL YOUR GOOD SITES YOU GOT NOW...YOU BETTER POST SOME NICE STUFF !!!!!

HAHA....GL ...SHOW US THE GOODS ~!!!

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible...just going through post that I missed over the past few months and the stuff you found so far is getting me fired up... congrats

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible...just going through post that I missed over the past few months and the stuff you found so far is getting me fired up... congrats

By the looks of the recent weather we might be out a little before you... June vs July. LOL

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Starting my seventh year and have yet to find a Rev war button . I would be estatic with that find even in poor condition . You are blessed to be living in an area with such rich history participating in this hobby Cheers MaineRelic :occasion14:

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Starting my seventh year and have yet to find a Rev war button . I would be estatic with that find even in poor condition . You are blessed to be living in an area with such rich history participating in this hobby Cheers MaineRelic :occasion14:

One thing I have learnt since I started...it is all about location.

Knock on doors and get permission...worse that can happen is they growl at you and say no !!!

I usually offer a free feed of lobster...helps.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another fantastic save Aqua, keep them coming buddy.
ZDD

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another fantastic save Aqua, keep them coming buddy.
ZDD

TY ZDD

I,m trying...you guys will have to come save a couple also... fields will be open soon also.!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread