May 2, 2012
Dolly Sods, WV
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,
ATGOLD!!
xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snow gone, and two firsts! (update) Ring Returned!

Been really getting the urge to go digging here lately as we bounce between deep winter and almost summerlike weather here lately in Wv, so I finally got a good day to head out for a few hours. Unfortanately been having a bit of trouble with the old station wagon and the wife wouldn't let me go tearin up the mountain to my usual old homesite in her car, so I had to settle with going down the road abit to a local park just to scratch that old itch. Pretty happy I did now!

First off been wanting to find a boyscout slide, so was able to mark that one off the list, and the pin and bullets were nice too. Almost thought CW on the one when I pulled it, but pretty sure I wouldn't be that lucky. It's an old spot where the park is now, but seemed too close to the surface an no real patina. Oh, and I left the coins out of the shot too, all new not even a wheatie.
Boyscouts.JPG

Next off the list was a real surprise for me. Finally got a Class Ring! 10k too! At first the 250 was jumping close to a penny and a bit below which made me figure on another piece of confetti or maybe a bullet casing, but after flipping the plug and seeing the glint I was all smiles, then after seeing the size of it my first thoughts were "All right, now I get to return it!" To be frank I never would have figured that would be my first thought. Kinda makes me a bit happy for myself too. Hehe, second thought was "Hopefully they have some kind of old unsearched homesite they'd love to invite me to hunt. Hehe, guess I'm not that saintly after all. Well, after I get done posting these pics, it'll be time to start checking about on Facebook and a few other places to find this fellow and get to experience the joy of returning a private piece of history. If it don't take too long hopefully I'll be able to update in a few days with a pic of the return. Seems to have been a Captain on the football team too. Not sure, but I believe that year was one of their championship years too. Wish me luck, and as always HH!:laughing7:
E ring 1.JPG e ring 2.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 2

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, I've not found a gold class r. yet. No doubt you'll get good karme for doing that, and yes maybe they will know of, or even own some good property, which you'll be a shoe in for sure.

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE FINDS...

Karma is a good thing...so the return of the ring will be rewarding in some way...either now or later !!!

OP
OP
W

White Akuma

May 2, 2012
Dolly Sods, WV
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,
ATGOLD!!
xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that a Viking Mascot on the ring?

View attachment 964361
Sure is! Same school I went to as well. almost got the same ring myself, except with a Confederate flag instead of football side panel.

Oh, and with an update, I'm pretty sure I found the fellow on facebook. School and graduation year match up on the profile, so I sent a pm on there to confirm a bit, before I let him in on the good news. Can't wait to get the reply, best part is he also lives pretty close by to if I'm correct. This is actually a bit more exciting than the actual find itself!

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

White Akuma

May 2, 2012
Dolly Sods, WV
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,
ATGOLD!!
xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(UPDATE)
E ring return.JPG

Just got to return the ring, and boy did karma kick in good! It feels so great to do something like that. Pretty sure that's the happiest I've ever seen someone to meet me. You could just see the memories rolling around in his head as he held it. Turns out he lost it less than a year after he got it, and has always talked about it since. Turns out he hurt his back and wasn't able to play his senior year. Also turns out the C on it was for Captain his junior year as well. As a funny side note can't remember exactly who lost it. His wife was also his high school sweetheart and both had always jokingly blamed the other for losing it. Hehe, now the joke will be which one was with a "friend" at the park when it got lost.

I was also able to put forth the idea I'm always looking for new spots and got invited to some old Family land of theirs with some nice old houses, and if I'm correct pretty close to a site I haven't been able to get access to that had a Confederate supply wagon on the run tossing things off to get more speed. Sounds like a myth, but I remember a classmates social Studies fair project on the Civil War and all the stuff (Cannonballs, grapeshot, miniballs, the works!) that he and his dad had found MDing that trail through their land. Boy oh boy, it could be a good year! HH!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome returning them is as fun as finding them great job.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
This is all totally wonderful! :notworthy: :blob9::blob3::blob6: :notworthy: Congrats on finds & on return of the ring! Definitely you'll have a super year! :icon_thumright: Andi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread