Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil.....

MT Digger

Feb 24, 2007
Montana
Detector(s) used
Tejon,Whites 5900 diProSl,Silver Micromax

Attachments

• Three Monkeys.jpg
    Three Monkeys.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 570
Upvote 0

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got to love the little monkeys don't ya.

Some contend that it is a proverb serving as a reminder not to be so snoopy, so nosy, and so gossipy. Others say that it is a warning to stay away from places where immoral acts are taking place.

dr-quest

Feb 25, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold, Whites XLT,Tesoro Stingray ll,Whites Surfmaster ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing swings like a monkey...........except maybee a md`er :D :D :D

OP
OP
MT Digger

MT Digger

Feb 24, 2007
Montana
Detector(s) used
Tejon,Whites 5900 diProSl,Silver Micromax
The monkeys look like gold but there is no marking on the back. It was a pin but it has been broken off on back. It seems to be pretty heavy for its size. I found an old Caterpillar fob that appears to be the same way, gold in color and heavy. I posted it a while back and some of the replies were that it was not gold.

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
Love them monkeys! I had heard that there used to be a fourth monkey in the set... That one had his hands clasped in front of his privates.... Not sure when the fourth one was eliminated from the commonly seen set of three that we're all more familiar with... or for that matter, why. Hmmmmm.
Ruth

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
I like those monkeys as well, but I like the Merc too.

Nitric acid is used to test for gold. The gold sample is slid across a slate tablet, and then a eye dropper bottle with nitric acid in it is slid across the mark.

Different percent/strength soulitons are used to test for different karts. For example, a 14k nitric acid solution will make a 10k test mark on the slate tablet disappear, but it wont alter a 14k, 18k, 22k or 24k marks.

We might able to tell if it's gold or not if you post a macro close up of where the pin was attached on the back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread