Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys some of you know I found this in the last week of Dec. last year so it doesnt count for this years totals, I got home late and decided to take a shower before I took pics and posted it, after I got out I could not find it anywhere I searched and searched and even went back to the spot i found it the next day and found nothing... I pissed and moaned about it for three days straight in the chat room here, I'm sure some of you remember...lol lol
Well yesterday my son says here Dad I found this in a DVD case, now I have no idea how it ended up in the case I kinda remember my daughter wanting to watch a movie that night so I probably in rush did it and forgot about it.. I dont know but hey I got it back!! yippy!!
I lost 1 other coin I found before it was an 1809 half reale in PA. i never did find it again....
In approx. 5 years of detecting now this was capped bust # 11 2 half dimes, 6 dimes, 3 halfs.... hh all

I cant wait to go detecting!!! but it will be awhile yet :(

Attachments

• 000_2967a.JPG
    000_2967a.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 1,182
Upvote 0
S

SouthCarolinaTeacher

J.D.

I'm glad to see you are doing better man! Don't worry, You'll be back swinging in no time! Just take it easy right now and get plenty of rest. Once you get back to 'tecting you're going to be like a kid in a candy store!

Ian

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Girl I have gotten many cards and I love them all, problem is 95% of the people just wrote there real name so I dont know whos who?? lol lol I have gotten some wonderful home made cards and i just love them, to think that someone took there time to do that for me, is just amazing and sweet!! ...jd

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
also as soon as my left hand gets feeling back Im gonna be sending out thank you cards to everyone!!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Besides the Drapped Bust coins those are my favorite. Great shape too.

I was out at lunch two days ago for a little detecting. Found some junk and one deep coin. I was excited cause I thought it might be an IH. Turned out to be a wheat penny. Got home and put it somewhere and now I can't find it. I know it is a very early date wheatie because of the site. Kinda funny how that happens. Glad it's only a wheat penny. :)

dr-quest

Feb 25, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold, Whites XLT,Tesoro Stingray ll,Whites Surfmaster ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must say you Americans have gorgeous old coins & shes Miss America.I had a post with an copper Indian projectile point and was going to post pictures of the copper bracelet found at the site and have now been ripping my office to pieces and just cant find it.I know I did the same sort of thing as you did,but what?HMMMMMMM
Hope your feeling better & can get back in the swing soon.
HH ;D

D

doyboy

Simply amazing, bud! Your skills show with each Capped Bust coin you recover.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
That's one awesome half JD.

Haven't found one of those yet. It's on the list though.

HH jer

RonO

Feb 10, 2006
Cotacachi, Ecuador
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - Fisher F-75 Ltd - Omega 8000
J.D. that is a great tale. I'm really glad that you are feeling well enough to post again. I always enjoy your stories and photos and would love to hunt with you some day.

Best,

Ron

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got it back! I know that had to make your day! :)

Good to see you posting! :) Awesome find.......

Nana :)

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a beauty! Glad you refound it and are doing better. Tim

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm gonna head to the video store and rent about 100 DVD's..maybe I'll get lucky :D

Glad you're doing better!

Nat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions