1997 Dime

Bluedogcards

Jan 12, 2013
El Reno Ok
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all, i try to get some time in my yard during the week, i live in a house that was biult in the 1940's and still getting the ropes on my ace 250. as i was trolling the yard it picked it up 6 inches down, i was like good, a coin that i deep should be good, 20 mins later i found it, a 1997 dime, oh man really. oh well was not the find i was looking for but a dime richer.

Upvote 0

s.tan

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beats finding a penny! The way I look at it, it would take digging 10 pennies at 20 minutes each (that's 200 min or 3 hours 20 min) to get the same return! You're way ahead!!! HH.

kristof.wanderer

Mar 23, 2014
Nacogdoches Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use an Ace 250 and a GTI 2500 and I love both machines. If I may offer a tip for the 250 that will help you determine the target's ID, and I recommend testing this technique with a pull tab, a can, clad, silver and gold (10, 14, 18, and 24k of possible).
1) locate target (Obviously)
2) pinpoint the target and when you get full scale your coil should be centered in the coil
3) before removing the coil after pinpointing, release the pinpoint button and you'll find that trash targets will cause the detector to go crazy and coins will elicit no such response!

I found this VERY helpful and thought I'd share.

HH & GL!

keystonecops

Mar 9, 2014
salem or
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT-Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothn wrong with clad. Keeps me in beer and snuff. Later Clyde

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you pulled clad at 6 inches next time it could be a silver!
HH!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clad adds up, so dig all good signals. Our 417 Relic Hunter's club just started a clad drive where we donate clad to local children's charities. Remember, in our hobby, we can never get enough good publicity for helping out others. Just a thought...Happy Hunting, Sub 8-)

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you can hunt lol. we are still covered in snow. :BangHead: you are dang lucky to be hunting and finding stuff. have fun and HH :D

OP
OP
B

Bluedogcards

Jan 12, 2013
El Reno Ok
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here you go, kinda of dirty still will keep in mind to post pic's for you :) 100_5496.JPG

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Get a pinpointer and you'll cut the recovery time a LOT!

OP
OP
B

Bluedogcards

Jan 12, 2013
El Reno Ok
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
was thinking the same thing already started a thread about them, as in am still learning, i like the garrett pro but 129.00 is alot of money for me

OP
OP
B

Bluedogcards

Jan 12, 2013
El Reno Ok
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lol pretty much tell it as it is, i see no need to make it better then it is way to many people see right thought post like that

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread