Ed-D

Jan 1, 2011
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max and Pro, NEL Hunter Coil, ACE Apex for the coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My trusty spots are petering out a bit, but going slower and digging more always pays off. Plus I saw the lip of a bottle sticking out of the mud and I was surprised it came out whole and in such good condition.

See my signature below for last years finds and finds so far this year. Thanks for commenting, here are the finds:

2 unk date Buffalos
1 1942P War nickel
1 1957D Roosie
1 1946 Washington Quarter

Plus a nice 10k man's ring weighing in at 10 grams.

I posted the Dr. Pepper Bottle in the "Bottles" forum and based on the numbers on the bottom, someone dated it from 1962. I just think it's cool looking.

Mar-14.JPG DP.JPG

Upvote 6

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know Dr. Pepper was that old. Cool find.

Tenspeed

Mar 22, 2009
York County, SC
Detector(s) used
Currently: Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Past: XP Deus, Xterra 70, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a kid in the early 60's Dr. Pepper bottles were standard soda bottle shape. That one sure looks older than that unless it was a custom local issue (I won't argue with the experts, but the shape appears to make it older).

Great finds!!

OP
OP
Ed-D

Ed-D

Jan 1, 2011
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max and Pro, NEL Hunter Coil, ACE Apex for the coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a kid in the early 60's Dr. Pepper bottles were standard soda bottle shape. That one sure looks older than that unless it was a custom local issue (I won't argue with the experts, but the shape appears to make it older).

Great finds!!

I did a cursory check online using the search term "dr pepper grenade bottle" (I learned that's the slang term for the bottle). Some dates came back as old as the 1940's. I asked the person that dated it if there was a magic decoder ring for determining what the numbers on the bottom mean, but I didn't hear back. I am not trusted with such secrets... :unhappysmiley:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wpsgta1000

Jul 17, 2013
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool bottle. Believe it or not but Dr. Pepper was started in 1885 !!! Older then Coke ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions