metal robin and silver!

swolfe

Jul 8, 2012
Rockford Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Beep and Dig Harbor Freight 9 function detector.
Whites Coinmaster DB/4
Whites Coinmaster Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nicer weather today, got out for a bit. Got a metal Robin that says copyright 1992 on the bottom, it's pretty cool and rang up like a quarter on the coinmaster pro. I also got 2 rings (Robin is holding both). One ring is junk and the other says Mexico 925 :headbang:. The coinmaster saw the junk ring as a zinc penny and the silver ring as a quarter.

925band040714.JPG
040714metal_robin.JPG

Upvote 5

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both those rings look like the real deal to me - are you sure one is junk ? The Robin is cool looks vintage (60's)

OP
OP
swolfe

swolfe

Jul 8, 2012
Rockford Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Beep and Dig Harbor Freight 9 function detector.
Whites Coinmaster DB/4
Whites Coinmaster Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Both those rings look like the real deal to me - are you sure one is junk ? The Robin is cool looks vintage (60's)

I thought the same of the junk ring until I tried to clean it up. It has some sort of rust inside of it. The outside seems to be varnished which prevented it from corroding. I will give cleaning it another go just to be sure but I think it's aluminum.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your ring finds! Not too many people can claim they have Robin as a ring bearer!

My detector reads the same as yours on silver rings and junk rings, I have a M6.

Hope you hit gold next time out, of course we have to dig all the pop top signals to get it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread