goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The site I went to today was a lookout post near a river. Took me a good part of the day to find the area as it was new to me. I started finding Minnie balls and I knew that I was in a good spot. Found several other pieces of lanterns. Then I found the pendant. At least that's what it looks like to me. It has Pat'd Dec 29, 1868 on the back. Anyone else seen anything like this before? Would appreciate any input on it. The tootsie toy I found in another area near an old church. The ring (10k gold filled) I found at a school on the way home. As if I didn't walk far enough today going through the woods...I just had to stop one more place. Also found what looks like a button at the CW site. The 3 Minnie balls .......I have never seen one flattened like the one in the middle. The one on the right looks like someone made an attempt to carve it. It was a beautiful day in Tennessee for hunting....hope everyone had a chance to get out today. * The pendant measures 1-1/8" tall and 1" wide.

today1.JPG today3 (2).JPG

today3 (1).JPG today5 (2).JPG

today7 (2).JPG today5 (1).JPG today7 (1).JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 6

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have found them flat like yours before and like the one with the knife blade drove down in to it. The ones I found were in the river and at a camp sight on the river bank. They were used for fishing sinkers. The flat ones had holes in them and the one that looks like it was going to be cut in two was so the soldier could put his line in the cut and mash it back together. I like those kind of finds more than just about anything. Yours are sweet...d2

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello goldkey. You found some nice items. I really dig the medal and the toy truck. HH C9

OP
OP
goldkey

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found them flat like yours before and like the one with the knife blade drove down in to it. The ones I found were in the river and at a camp sight on the river bank. They were used for fishing sinkers. The flat ones had holes in them and the one that looks like it was going to be cut in two was so the soldier could put his line in the cut and mash it back together. I like those kind of finds more than just about anything. Yours are sweet...d2

Thanks D2.....that makes sense about the Minnie with the cut line in it. I hadn't thought of that. I'm going back today and work the area again and venture down closer to the river.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread