BcuttinPlugs

BcuttinPlugs

Mar 6, 2014
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/fisher f2 garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, don't see those dug everyday :O, awesome... if only the the buckle could talk...I'm sure it would have a great story to tell.

That's funny because I was saying the same thing to my buddy. There was nothing but bits of trash so when I was done this buckle was the only thing to talk about. I wonder who had it and how it got there. There is a number 24 on it. I would assume it was like a badge number or something. Would be sooo cool to find out the who this belonged to

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
Thanks everyone for the input. That's y i love T-Net. So I do understand it's a rare piece. What I don't know is what department it would have been from. I'm curious in how much it could actually worth. The one site mentioned for me to look up, was nice. Although it's just a site to buy reproductions. It doesn't really give any info on it. Thanks again everyone!!

This is with no doubt just like the one you found. Although a reproduction, it gives you a nice clean picture of what yours would've looked like new? Also, it says that it is a police belt plate circa 1855-1870. So it gives you the time frame these were produced and used.

Attachments

• police buckle.jpg
    police buckle.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 69

BullBat

Nov 23, 2013
The Left Coast
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would contact the Hanover Brass Foundry and inquire on what they based the "TG-Police Belt Plate circa 1855-1870" reproduction. (Top row, far right image.) Your half looks very similar to the center piece that fits into the wider, wreathed receiver. Even if not an exact match, they may be able to give you the police department(s) that used that style of design in their uniform and possibly contact those agency(ies) for further information. Older police departments have museum resources.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you kidding me ?? :icon_scratch: If this is genuine its an amazing find :headbang: and I'm giving you a banner vote right now !! :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

OP
OP
BcuttinPlugs

BcuttinPlugs

Mar 6, 2014
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A banner vote. Wow that's amazing that would be my first. Thanks that's so cool. I'm going to contact Hanover to c if I can get more info thanks so much everyone

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you kidding me ?? :icon_scratch: If this is genuine its an amazing find :headbang: and I'm giving you a banner vote right now !! :thumbsup:

I agree. I think this is a BANNER buckle find and would love to see it up top. Hopefully you or another member can give a positive ID and possible value too.
AWESOME find!!!!!
Congrats,
MM

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, by the way, would you be interesting in selling it?

Reminder that only Charter Members can sell here.....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

OP
OP
BcuttinPlugs

BcuttinPlugs

Mar 6, 2014
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminder that only Charter Members can sell here..... American by birth, Patriot by choice. I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Thanks for the reminder as I did not no that. I am totally not interested in selling the buckle though. It's possibly my first banner! It will forever give me that warm and fuzzy feeling haha

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reminder as I did not no that. I am totally not interested in selling the buckle though. It's possibly my first banner! It will forever give me that warm and fuzzy feeling haha

NP, it was general reminder to all and not directed at you...

I wouldn't sell it either..

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW !!!!!!!!!! what a great buckle !!!! Congrats !!!!:notworthy:

OP
OP
BcuttinPlugs

BcuttinPlugs

Mar 6, 2014
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I contacted Hanover. What the gentleman said was they where made for different police counties in New York and Pennsylvania so he wouldn't know exactly where is was, and that the number 24 didn't mean anything except maybe it was the number in the production line? He really didn't give much help besides he said it's listed in the American military belt plate book by Michael Donald.

OP
OP
BcuttinPlugs

BcuttinPlugs

Mar 6, 2014
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and he said they where quite common.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Common by who's standard ? :icon_scratch: I've been here for like 10 years, I don't think I've EVER seen one found or even heard of them. :dontknow: I'm sticking with my banner vote, you just don't see these often ! :thumbsup: They have to be less common than a soldiers buckle, because we all know you had less police than soldiers. ??? I'm going to guess a value of $200-$800:occasion14:

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and he said they where quite common.
Don't be bummed by that common tag he put on it. That is not "common" by any stretch! It's very unique and awesome. Mud had a great statement about the soldiers and police officers numbers

OP
OP
BcuttinPlugs

BcuttinPlugs

Mar 6, 2014
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't be bummed by that common tag he put on it. That is not "common" by any stretch! It's very unique and awesome. Mud had a great statement about the soldiers and police officers numbers

Thanks ahab! He doesn't have me bummed by saying that. Just was hoping I would be able to connect it a little better. I trust the site for the wealth of knowledge it holds. Everyone keeps telling me it's a rare find, ima take it for that haha thanks again everyone.

OP
OP
BcuttinPlugs

BcuttinPlugs

Mar 6, 2014
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Common by who's standard ? :icon_scratch: I've been here for like 10 years, I don't think I've EVER seen one found or even heard of them. :dontknow: I'm sticking with my banner vote, you just don't see these often ! :thumbsup: They have to be less common than a soldiers buckle, because we all know you had less police than soldiers. ??? I'm going to guess a value of $200-$800:occasion14: Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Haha he must have a lot laying around. When I show the plate to my friends, I quote you everytime. ": They have to be less common than a soldiers buckle, because we all know you had less police than soldiers". Maybe not those exact words haha. But yes very good point.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions