FOUND: Someones lost GOLD, San Gabriel River - East Fork

ordinarykathy

Apr 13, 2014
Southern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FOUND: Someone's lost GOLD, San Gabriel River - East Fork

Hi everyone,

I was hiking at the San Gabriel River on Thursday April 3rd, and I found a container on the ground with gold in it.

I would like to return it to the owner, and I am posting on this forum in hopes that somebody has information regarding who it might belong to.

The gold mining community in San Gabriel seem pretty tight knit, so if anybody has any information on who lost some gold, please message me.

If you think the gold might be yours, send me a message describing the container (there is something distinct about it), and the approximate amount of gold in there.

Thanks!!
Kathy

Upvote 10
OP
OP
O

ordinarykathy

Apr 13, 2014
Southern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aww, thanks so much!! I just know how hard and time consuming it is to find gold, I hope I can return it to the person who found it.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Aww, thanks so much!! I just know how hard and time consuming it is to find gold, I hope I can return it to the person who found it.
Something tells me this is going to be a long thread.....

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
what the heck, finders keepers, dont feel guilty for findin somethin cool!

bobby5

Jun 19, 2012
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, AT Pro, Garrett Propointer, Garrett Carrot, Several Older Garrett Detectors and a Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You cant be the ordinarykathy because your post makes you extraordinarykathy. Good Luck

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree! VERY classy! Well done!

bikermike

Jul 14, 2012
Stillwater, OK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, 6.5x9 coil, 4.5 sniper coil, 5x8DD coil, Garrett AT Gold, Centec pinpointer, Garrett pro pointer, Ames digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ordinarykathy,

You are awesome just for thinking about returning the gold. Good on you.

Mike

Tenspeed

Mar 22, 2009
York County, SC
Detector(s) used
Currently: Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Past: XP Deus, Xterra 70, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the right thing to do. I hope you find the owner (who will be peasantly surprised).

I know that if I lost my finds, and they were identifiable, I would want somebody to look for me before they just "kept it".

If you exhaust all paths and no owner turns up, you know you did your best and can keep the gold without guilt.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!

Last edited:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,

I was hiking at the San Gabriel River on Thursday April 3rd, and I found a container on the ground with gold in it.

I would like to return it to the owner, and I am posting on this forum in hopes that somebody has information regarding who it might belong to.

The gold mining community in San Gabriel seem pretty tight knit, so if anybody has any information on who lost some gold, please message me.

If you think the gold might be yours, send me a message describing the container (there is something distinct about it), and the approximate amount of gold in there.

Thanks!!
Kathy
Hey Kathy you might also put this in the Gold section here on TN some of those guys may know who lost it, although not everyone out there that work the San Gabriel is on TN but you might get lucky on returning their gold to them. Good luck on the return and if no luck you scored some gold and a nice hike to boot.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your a great person, I hope you find them!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be sure and take pics so you can post it later as a return or a keeper if the owner isn't found.
Very nice of you to try to return the gold!
Welcome to T Net!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread