Great first hunt of the year

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone I finally got out for my first hunt of the year and did pretty good thanks for watching

Here is the V nickel

vugetyty.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 4

silversweeper

Aug 22, 2011
Swampeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
watching you go after those bottles in the hole.....scraping away the dirt with your hand/fingers....I told myself "he's going to get cut"........ Can't tell you how many times I did that myself before I learned my lesson....lol. Nice bottles though. Congrats.

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
watching you go after those bottles in the hole.....scraping away the dirt with your hand/fingers....I told myself "he's going to get cut"........ Can't tell you how many times I did that myself before I learned my lesson....lol. Nice bottles though. Congrats.

thanks I'm pretty hard headed even after i cut my fingers i kept digging lol if you notice my gloves were right in front of me the whole time lol

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's a good example of why to wear protection while digging. As of today I have had 13 IV's in the last 7 days and going in again tonight for another as I am fighting a bad Staph infection that I most likely got while dirt digging. I almost lost my right leg all because I got a very small cut from a piece of glass on my knee. I never felt so much pain before as the infection got really deep into my flesh. It is called Cellulitis and the antibiotic they are using is a very strong and expensive antibiotic administered through IV's twice a day for up to 2 weeks. not fun. Always wear gloves and long pants. immediately clean any wounds no matter how small. I wish I would of.

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yikes that sounds terrifying..my friend got a staph infection and I definitely don't want that

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I noticed your gloves in the video, lol and thought " What the $&>% is wrong with him?". Papa is proof of why you should have them on. Nice video. I could hear the excitement when you were digging the bottles. Looks like a few nice hunts combined. Congrats!

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed your gloves in the video, lol and thought " What the $&>% is wrong with him?". Papa is proof of why you should have them on. Nice video. I could hear the excitement when you were digging the bottles. Looks like a few nice hunts combined. Congrats!

Yeah I'm pretty hard headed I had the gloves with me the whole time but I kept taking them off for some weird reason I definitely will wear them from now on

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see your thawing out down there..grtz on the v nickel

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see your thawing out down there..grtz on the v nickel

Yeah it was 75 sunday the day I went out and then monday we got two inches of snow...gotta love mother nature

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread