She told me to find jewelry....and she says I dont listen to her.

Tim-MXT

Mar 9, 2014
Beaverton/Hillsboro Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, White's V3I, White's TRX Pinpointer, Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She told me to find jewelry....and she says I don't listen to her.

Got up at the crack of dawn to hit a disk (Frisbee) golf course. On the way out the door, the FG told me to find jewelry. It's always about her. I hit the first tee off and found just a penny. Walked back to the 8th green where I had a few clad targets the week before. Pulled out a dime. I thought it odd that I was finding coins close to the decorative flora instead of where people were more likely to be bending down to pick up their disks. There was a row of 3 short brushes so I started working my way along them. I got a nice but unfamiliar signal. I pulled out a men's wedding band that I thought for sure was silver. Nice and shiny. Cleaned off the dirt and the word Titanium is on the inside of the band. It was a woohoo moment. Searched for a bit longer and pulled out a coin here and there. I started working my way across this small hill along side one of the holes. I got a strong signal I have seen before. 37. Pull tab. Decided to dig it anyway and pulled out a 14K gold men's wedding band. This was a "Are you kidding me" moment for me. It seems men are not very careful with their wedding bands. I did what the GF said and found jewelry.
Ti and Au.JPG titanium close.JPG Au 5.985g.JPG Ti 3.765g.JPG

Upvote 11

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Unless she's got man hands I can't blame her for not being satisfied. I guess you'll have to cash them in and buy her something that fits. All kidding aside, congrats on a couple of nice rings.

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
yea when you think about it the disc golf motion, perfect for flinging off a ring...nice finds and smart idea!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to have to hit some disc golf area's I know of, If nothing else it will be a nice walk.Those are nice ring's, E-bay the Titanium to get any value out of it.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yea when you think about it the disc golf motion, perfect for flinging off a ring...nice finds and smart idea!

It's a perfect motion for sure. Probably 2nd to throwing snowballs with no gloves. And it's hard to drink while playing frisbee golf so the tabs are at a minimum in the fields.

nor kal kid

Feb 19, 2014
northern kalifornia, Bay area
Detector(s) used
XLT, Mxt all pro, garrett pp.coils 10"DD, 950, 12"spyder.for mxt all pro. Coils for xlt 950 and 15" magnum force field "depth plus"mxt max coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the rings . I also have the mxt all pro which is the same rig as yours.I am not having as much luck as I did with my xlt. Would a ring come up as a nickel or pulltab, don't get me wrong I have found 3 gold rings and 2 silver ones.

OP
OP
Tim-MXT

Tim-MXT

Mar 9, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, White's V3I, White's TRX Pinpointer, Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the MXT, not the MXT pro. Not sure of the difference. Gold ring shows as a 37, Pull tab/ring. The titanium ring come up around 18, nickel/ring.

GranvilleATPro

Apr 4, 2014
Lafayette Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do u through the course without getting hit in the head? We have a Frisbee course at one of the parks and I have a hard time staying out of the way since one course crosses the sled run. One group after another line up to throw over the sled run.

OP
OP
Tim-MXT

Tim-MXT

Mar 9, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was there at 6:30 this morning. Didn't see any golfers until around 9. Funny thing is that there is a hole back in the woods I didn't know was there. I watched the two golfers go that way and that is where I found the gold.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two wonderful finds. I hope your good fortune continues.

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
think about how far you were from the pitching spot for throwing of the Frisbee * you now know about how far a ring will fling off the hand while throwing a frisbeee-- check that distance from the "tees" for more rings.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
think about how far you were from the pitching spot for throwing of the Frisbee * you now know about how far a ring will fling off the hand while throwing a frisbeee-- check that distance from the "tees" for more rings.

And remember that the wedding bands will be on the left side of the path only lost by the lefty's. The class rings and other goodies will be on the right side for the rest of us. ;)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rings!
She didn't specify what kind of jewelry.

Kaleb71386

Dec 31, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350. Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just don't be in there way when there playing a disc to the head will hurt bad.. I've seen a guy take one to the face had to get stitches.. Great finds for sure good luck on your next trip out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions