Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We went yesterday afternoon to a property we noticed was getting ready to be torn down and had called Saturday to get permission. I started in the front of the yard and the mister took the back that was more overgrown and weedy. About an hour into it we traded spots,he in the front and I in the back.It was hard to swing my Minelab and get good contact with the ground because of the high grass and weeds. First good signal turned out to be a US Eagle button which I was thrilled with(even though it was crushed on the front a bit)and had to go brag to my husband and then a few minutes later I got a sweet but deep sounding target. I thought as I saw a gleam that it was just another piece of flashing. I had been finding all afternoon until a beautiful Merc just fell into my waiting hand. I was soooo excited,been waiting for this moment a long time.She is pretty well worn,a 1916,the first year they were minted. Here she is as well as some other finds from this weekend, a little buckle, a flattened pistol ball,the button,a Spencer bullet.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Upvote 22

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
That eagle button is from the 1800's (Eagle facing left, from civil war era), it is pre-US Seal (1902-present)! Great find on the 98 year old silver, I have only ever found one silver (1904 barber dime).

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey that's awesome CG! That's a great feeling and one I hope you experience lots of times in the future

pasttom

Greenie
Apr 28, 2011
Orcutt (Santa Maria), CA
Detector(s) used
Makro Racers Red, Black & Gold, 2 CZ3D, Whites TDI & SL, Minelab: CTX, Equinox 800, 3 Excals, 705 & Omega 8000 v6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After the first one they come faster and yet in streaks. There will be many rewards for hard work and persistence. I hope you continue to share them- nice pictures!

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Coilygirl

Found my first Merc last month also....silver is always a welcome sight... now you will find all kinds of silver since you have broken the spell.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hoorayyyy! Nice find congrats !

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man she sure is worn, still a good find, its funny many 1916's i find are worn big time...

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Congrats!
Nothing like the glint if silver coming out of the ground, a very pretty sight indeed!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did I miss your post! Congrats on the merc. Aren't they a beautiful coin?

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!
Congrats on the sweet Merc. One of my favorite coin designs. :thumbsup: