First Silver ring!

Silversurfer79

Dec 24, 2013
Southern, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out to a couple parks today and came up with 3.22 in clad and this 3.43 gram ring. First one I have ever found. I was pretty excited. And even then I didn't quite act like the Diggers guys :tongue3: IMG_20140414_223853_150.jpg IMG_20140414_223924_446.jpg

Upvote 7

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You hit the nail on the head with how you phrased that. It's all an act for the TV show. But sadly it reflects upon the down to earth folks who just try to enjoy their hobby for some fun and relaxation. Very nice ring by the way!

Beepbeep13

Mar 15, 2014
MA, South Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Thanks Big Boy Hobbies) Makro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nectar! :p

Great find!, I found my first silver ring a few weeks ago

Did not preform a cartwheel, but I was dancing like a fool hehe

HH!!

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet silver ring ! Congrats on your first of many to come !
Glen

pasttom

Greenie
Apr 28, 2011
Orcutt (Santa Maria), CA
Detector(s) used
Makro Racers Red, Black & Gold, 2 CZ3D, Whites TDI & SL, Minelab: CTX, Equinox 800, 3 Excals, 705 & Omega 8000 v6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first is always special! May there be many more and gold as well!

lil_eric30

Aug 14, 2013
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Way to go! Congrats on the great find! By the way i am from albert lea mn. Where u located. I see southern mn???

Eagleye

Mar 19, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 705
Garrett sea hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! Nice find., I can't wait to find my own

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver ring! Congrats!

Glad you didn't eat the grass (like the TV show) you don't know what may have happened "on" it!

s.tan

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out to a couple parks today and came up with 3.22 in clad and this 3.43 gram ring. First one I have ever found. I was pretty excited. And even then I didn't quite act like the Diggers guys :tongue3: View attachment 978739 View attachment 978740

Congrats on finding a nice silver ring! As exciting as making a good find is...and as much as we like to see others dancing around like the Digger guys when they make a good find, unfortunately there is a dark side to celebrating too openly. There have been stories of con artists trying to claim finds and in some cases being successful. In the most common scenario, the excited finder brings attention to his/her find and ends up attracting nearby bystanders. One of the bystanders makes note of the details of the item and goes off to tell their friend. Later on, the "friend" comes by, informs the detectorist that they lost an item and asks if he/she has might have come across it. They describe the item exactly and being the honest individuals that we are, we return the item to the "owner". Better to celebrate your finds with people that you know or people on the forum. Its truly unfortunate...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread