Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The first find I'm proud enough to post

I am pretty much a neophyte when it comes to metal detecting. Started in January of this year. I joined this site at that time and since then have been living vicariously though all of you and your wonderful finds. Thus far I have a big jug of clad coins, four silver dimes, one silver quarter, and two totes of trash I've accumulated.

Well finally I found something I feel proud enough to share here. I found this at a local park in the grass near the bathrooms. I had been there about 2 1/2 hours digging pull tab after pull tab. I was just about, but not quite to the point of not digging any more of them that day. I'm glad I dug that one. My V3i showed the target at 3" deep with a VDI of 37 so I was pretty sure it was another pull tab. This is what I found. I know very little about jewelry but it is marked 10k inside. I think it is some sort of baseball ring with the design of a baseball diamond on the front. I'm probably wrong, but that is exactly why I'm listing it here. I know someone will know for sure what it is. ring.jpg Hope I did the photo insertion correctly. Thanks and happy hunting.

Upvote 24
OP
OP
beez0404

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
digging tabs from around a bathroom shows real fortitude. I salute you on your gorgeous find!

My thinking on that is folks go into the bathroom to relieve themselves and hopefully wash their hands afterwards. I'm thinking some may take off their rings to do so. Also if they wash with the typical cold water found in most bathrooms their fingers shrink just a bit, perhaps enough to allow a ring to slip off when they walk outside.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I just like hanging out by the ladies room and checking out the chicks!

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ring !!! Anyone would be happy to score that one !!

Never think your finds are not good enough to post on here.

Fact is... there is usually more days when WE ALL come home with crap than days we come home with great stuff...but most of us rarely post the crap as we think it isn,t interesting...but it is reality .

OP
OP
beez0404

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never think your finds are not good enough to post on here.

I detected yesterday on a vacant lot I've been looking at for awhile. I've never hunted anyplace with so much trash. I couldn't swing the coil a foot in any direction without blips and beeps not to mention the clicks from the iron. I am not experienced enough for a place like that and freely admit it. So the $.91 cents in clad coins and half of a shopping bag of trash did not encourage me to post my finds here.....LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread