Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With both sides being the same, I'm going to say it will probably hard to ID. That said I'm no guru.

Best of luck though, and with 60,000 members someone may know.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one very similar a couple of years ago. nothing but a '5' on both sides, and about the same size as yours. given the size, I believe it to be a trade stimulator token, and I would guess the age as circa 1910's

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5 cents in trade token for God knows where... :dontknow: 5 cent trade tokens are kinda common. :thumbsup: Not so common to not have a business of some kind on them. ??? Cool token !! 8-)

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

gman7665

Mar 1, 2013
Campville New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thinking just a plain ordinary Token , seen one here last week w/ a 4/25 on it ? I was thinking Maybe Bar or Beer Chip's Tokens??? LOL

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
This particular type of token has been found all over the country, leading me to believe that they were sold to merchants who were in too much of a hurry to have "custom" tokens made for their business. I wrote up a detailed bit a year or so ago in the Tokens & Tags Forum. In some cases, merchants were sold a "system" of bookkeeping whereby they used tokens to give credit to their customers rather than depending on a complicated ledger book. The system would have the merchant give credit in one even-numbered chunk, say $5 to Joe Blow, but Joe would get $5 in various denominations of tokens. Then Joe would be responsible for keeping track of the tokens, and the merchant would profit if Joe lost them. Typically the system would stamp out an assortment of denominations with the merchant's name and location, but since that would take up to a month to accomplish, these generic tokens may have been used in the interim. The downside is that there might be another merchant in the area also using them and either store might be called on to accept them.

John in the Great 208

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one with a 10 on it. I thought it might be play money for a child or something?????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread