3248 Quarters in Orange County CA - None Silver....!

s.tan

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the great haul of quarters! Now all you need to do is find an older site that hasn't been detected. GL and HH!

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on them quarters, got any old parks in your area, if so start searching them thats where you will get your silver...

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow.... that is one awesome haul!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hug quarter haul!
It is getting harder & harder to find good spots, it's a wonder when we turn on our detectors we don't automatically get interference from other detectors! There are quite a few out there!

Lefty

Sep 13, 2013
Orange County, CA
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, ACE 350, Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW, that a lot of quarters. I doubt that I've found 10 at one time before. I have found 2 silver quarters in OC, 3-4 silver dimes too. Not much, but it sure is fun to find them. I've been shut out on gold so far.
Happy Hunting,
Lefty

S

stefen

Try Irvine Park at the end of Chapman Avenue in Orange Park Acres...

This is the oldest park in OC and was at one time the park and camping site for the Irvine family.

On the eastern side there are a number of old picnic areas in the brush...

Try these...you'll definitely lose your virginity and get the silver quarters (and other coins, as well)

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great_find.gif
Great finds Inoc! Thanks for sharing...

slowwevo

Jan 1, 2014
The Sunshine State/The Golden State
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Well past your 3000 quarter goal,i cannot believe the jewelry finds man,just incredible,i wish my beaches would release some of its tourist bling to me,All I can seem to find here is the Spanish stuff,i think I wouldn't hesitate to sell the jewelry,the cobs,i cant bring myself

L

l2hunt

nice hot spot, i always say "glad to have clad" ahahah....silver can be mighty illusive!

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your keeping in the batteries for a while. HAHH! Great Haul:notworthy:

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll give ya a silver quarter for all your clad quarters, what do ya say? Deal? Good haul man!

S

stefen

I have actually been to Irvine Park and found a bunch of clad just no silver - the park has a good history of being well hunted and with great successThis particular spot is not on others radar so I believe its why I got lucky - heavy pocket total coin highMy luckiest days have been hitting places off the beaten path
I lived next to Irvine Park for about 45 years and rode my horse thru most it more times than I can count...the park was also known as the "Picnic Park" beginning about 1850's and the area I described is the old picnic grounds and is not well known is is never used, even today.You want to find old coinage...look there. I have and have done quite well...Not many people know of it's existence...To the south is another area that was used for Ornage County, State and national Soap Box Derby Racing til about the late 50's...nobody other than myself have hunted the land. Again, a few of the local old-timers know ot it's existence.There are also an old rifle range and several former rodeo arenas within 1/4 mile or so...still there and undisturbed...

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
There's guys finding silver in Orange county parks (presuming they're the older parks, and no the 1960s/70s urban sprawl that you speak of). But they're going to be deeper signals, and ... yes .... all the "4-star" easy gimmees have been pretty worked over the last 10 yrs. or so, since the minelab Explorers hit the scene down there :)

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
15 years ago, I detected up in Silverado Canyon. Found silver coins there, and lots of Buffalos and wheats, even a few indian heads.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread