VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is a very busy time in Dman’s store so he has little time to hunt this time every year. I did coax him into a short morning hunt at the Picket Post today. The Trio has hit that small site pretty hard so we didn’t expect much. Doug was pleased to dig his third brass suspender clip from the site. This one had a bull on it. My best find was the flattened poker chip.
Doug recovered the iron relics for his store display. There was an old building or some dwelling that overlaid the CW site on top of the hill. He dug an old flat iron on a prior trip. The one he dug today had “Chattanooga" on it. He liked the cow bell that still had the clapper in it. I have never found one with the clapper still attached. The big piece of cast iron has letters that read “Charter Oak”. We think it may be part of a stove but are open to suggestions. HH from Doug & Quindy.

Attachments

• DSCN0123.JPG
    DSCN0123.JPG
    963.6 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCN0124.JPG
    DSCN0124.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 116
Upvote 7

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice bunch of old relics. Dman seems to be a magnet for those suspenders clips. Anything found in a "hunted out site" is a good find since it tells you there probably is still more.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go guys!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice saves! Congrats!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Q , you may know this already but for those who are not familiar with The Thirteen Original Colonies history esp. The Great State of Ct. Charter Oak is Great history . M.L. Filley manf. a coal and wood burning stove call Charter Oak c. 1876 . I dug an iron Sunday and immediately returned it to it's hiding place , the thing covered with krazyazz biting fire ants . Three ticks were also found , what an effed up hunt the place turned out to be. :o

8-)

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Q , you may know this already but for those who are not familiar with The Thirteen Original Colonies history esp. The Great State of Ct. Charter Oak is Great history . M.L. Filley manf. a coal and wood burning stove call Charter Oak c. 1876 . I dug an iron Sunday and immediately returned it to it's hiding place , the thing covered with krazyazz biting fire ants . Three ticks were also found , what an effed up hunt the place turned out to be. :o

8-)

Thanks Dawg. That was something I had studied in history but forgotten about. HH, Q.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its fitting for Dman to dig those irons recently, because he said he was getting ready for golf season. LOL
Congrats on the finds guys. You old pharts need all the iron you can get.
-MM-

Last edited:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those iron pieces will give a nice rustic look to D-mans shop display. Hopefully it's not a golf pro shop, might not work so well in a shop like that :laughing7:

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks guys. Dman has a nice old country store free standing glass display case crammed full of iron oddities he has dug. I gave him a few myself to add to his collection. I'll make a pic the next time I'm up there. HH, Q.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess now I will give my old iron finds a better look to see if I should donate to Dman's store. Do I mail them with "Postage to be paid by receiver" on the package? Lol.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
I guess now I will give my old iron finds a better look to see if I should donate to Dman's store. Do I mail them with "Postage to be paid by receiver" on the package? Lol.
Send them to Quindy. He screens all my incoming mail.LOL
Dman

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Dawg. That was something I had studied in history but forgotten about. HH, Q.

Loved the Video & Also watch the one about the "Leather Man" .

Soo much History I never Heard Of or learned in Atlanta Public Schools & Cobb Co. Schools.

Tho I do recall learning about the Founding Farther's & Our Country's History In 1976 ( Too bad I was in first & 2ed grade and don't remember much of it.

That "Stove" ? piece should clean up well , Cool other finds as well.
Davers

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Quindy ! I can't resist carrying out that old iron either ! A coat or two of stove black and that stove piece will display nicely in Dman's store ! MaineRelic

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice digs boys that poker chip seems interesting..

I read one time how big it was on the steam ferries on the river..

Blaze

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread