A $1900 Week in the Water

cjc

Mar 19, 2006
n/a
Detector(s) used
DFX, GQA2, (2) 'Cuda, Excal, (1 & 2) Sov. Elite, CZ20, Surf Dual Field...
A very hard week at that--going in behind top pros. This guys dig everything and some (stupidly) leave all their targets in the water. What worked was recognising the interference of the sidewall and working it with accurate (lowered) pulse settings and super slow sweep speed. I can't stress enough how important it is to use a pulse to have a two way conversation with the ground conditions. If you do this properly you can go in behind anyone and find gold. Also, a lot of stuff is lost on the steep sidewall and sinks deep in the soft sand. Total 1.8 oz. Three bands at front are all 18k from left 13.7 gr. (oh ya!) 10.2 gr. and 6.9 gr. some smaller bands in the back and a couple of small .25 rocks up front.
cjc
clivesgoldpage.com

Attachments

• GOPR003zz.jpg
    GOPR003zz.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 243
Upvote 8
OP
OP
cjc

cjc

Mar 19, 2006
n/a
Detector(s) used
DFX, GQA2, (2) 'Cuda, Excal, (1 & 2) Sov. Elite, CZ20, Surf Dual Field...
Sweet loot, this was with a whites dual field?

Ya, moslty--also got a sweet Blue Tubes WOT that OBN made for me but that had battery pod problems couldn't use it much--great response and tone though with the "redheads" got two peices. The DF has the fidelity to handle just about anything and still perform. Tunable SAT would be nice though! Also heard from Steve Howard that the old PI Pro coil is out of production--those were superb.
cjc

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent work and though I don't run surf pi I appreciate seeing your tips on technique! :)

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, your techieness is scoring you big money, ha I wish I understood what your saying, I'm still stuck on stupid. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread