Vino finds coin purse with 1891 IH in it, also 2 barbers, 10 k amethyst,diamond ring

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My buddy Vino asked me to post this for him, he was hunting alone back at a place he hit hard with his other detectors, he used his CTX 3030 today and the first thing he found was a 1909 Barber Quarter, followed by a 1902 Barber Dime. He was sending me these pix as he was finding them. Then he digs a coin purse with a 1891 Indian Head Cent in it. We could not believe there were no other coins in with it. last but not least he finds the bling bling. this beautiful Amethyst stone surrounded by diamonds, set in 10 K gold
Enjoy the pix, I know I did. HH
Brad

Upvote 15

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow he had an awesome day, tell him congrats!!!

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys..and thanks Brad for posting. .Ill post pics of them cleaned up in a little.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great_find.gif
Great finds! Thanks for sharing...

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be amazing to dig up a purse like that n have coins in it! Good work for ur friend

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here they are cleaned up..the ring broke were it was solder. .found out it has a makers mark from clark and cooms company. .1862...thanks for looking.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140418_194225.png
    ForumRunner_20140418_194225.png
    205.4 KB · Views: 121
  • ForumRunner_20140418_194249.png
    ForumRunner_20140418_194249.png
    191.1 KB · Views: 110
OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be amazing to dig up a purse like that n have coins in it! Good work for ur friend

I have found two coin purse's so far, one looked like this one that George found, except there were no coins in it, the other was a plastic "football shape" with three stinking Lincolns in it. ha lol

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Stellar hunt - Big Congrats to Vino! :headbang: All these groovy finds seem to be in excellent condition, wow! :occasion16: :wav::occasion16:

My first detecting year, I dug an ornate purse frame, somewhat damaged, in an old city field, but no coins emerged when I detected carefully nearby. Few weeks later I was eyeballing that field slowly without my detector and voila! About 30 yards from the purse frame find, there lay a dusty surface 1923 silver Peace dollar, my best find yet. Won't ever know if they were related, but like to think so! Have fun! :cat: Andi

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stellar hunt - Big Congrats to Vino! :headbang: All these groovy finds seem to be in excellent condition, wow! :occasion16: :wav::occasion16:

My first detecting year, I dug an ornate purse frame, somewhat damaged, in an old city field, but no coins emerged when I detected carefully nearby. Few weeks later I was eyeballing that field slowly without my detector and voila! About 30 yards from the purse frame find, there lay a dusty surface 1923 silver Peace dollar, my best find yet. Won't ever know if they were related, but like to think so! Have fun! :cat: Andi

Vino told me yesterday that was his favorite find yesterday.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice. I have found purse frames also, but no coins in them. That amethyst looks like blue tourmaline....nge

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you lucky bums
looks like a great hunt
thanks for sharing...

liftloop

posted with windows xp

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. I have found purse frames also, but no coins in them. That amethyst looks like blue tourmaline....nge

You are right. ..Thanks for looking. .And ur input. ...hh...

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Too bad that coin purse wasn't loaded, but its still a very cool find. And that ring is awesome too. Would love to see some pics after it gets cleaned up. Tell Vino congrats on a very nice hunt.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mother always put a penny in any purse she was giving to someone. That may be why there was only one coin in the purse. It's done to bring good luck to the person receiving the purse. She also did that with any purse she threw away as well!

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mother always put a penny in any purse she was giving to someone. That may be why there was only one coin in the purse. It's done to bring good luck to the person receiving the purse. She also did that with any purse she threw away as well!

That makes sense. .Thanks for the info. ..hh..

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's interesting!

Thanks everyone for all your comments.
George, too bad that ring came apart, there were some missing stones, are you sure they aren't in your pouch? I would be back with a small screen looking for those diamonds, of course that's just me. Haaaaaa lol

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet ring..tell VINO ......AQUA SAID ...BIG CONGRATS!!!!

Them barbers are sweet aslo.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Treb, you and Vino are tearing the finds up? Leave some for us, PLEASE! Great finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread