HAMMERED SIVLER COIN, SLICK COPPER COIN, BUTTONS...HELP WITH THE HAMMERED COIN PLS!

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe there are unplanted fields still but who's complaining?!! It was a perfect day to detect, it was cool and the wind was minimal. The day started off slow but I was able to find a few buttons and a worn copper. I moved over to another part of the field and started to find more buttons and buckle pieces. I started to tightly grid an iron infested area and found the usual lead balls and tacks and then I pulled out this small hammered silver coin. If it's British it will be my first but I don't think it is. Hopefully someone here will know what it is. If not, I'll throw it up on a coin forum where I've had success in the past. Thanks for lookin'!

41814a.jpg 41814b.jpg 41814c.jpg

41814d.jpg 41814e.jpg 41814f.jpg

41814g.jpg

Upvote 9
OP
OP
joeyfresh

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the awesome coin JOEY !!!

Very nice indeed. There should be some of them coins here also....French /British wars and Acadians etc.

Found a 4 sols last year.

Nice bunch of buttons you got there also.

Yep, I would expect them to be found in the French colonies more than here but this site was owned by a merchant with French and Dutch dealings. I also found a cut Dutch coin at this site as well.

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I would expect them to be found in the French colonies more than here but this site was owned by a merchant with French and Dutch dealings. I also found a cut Dutch coin at this site as well.

It is the thoughts of finding these kinda coins that keeps me interested in going detecting the next day !!!

I got so many things to find that I can call .."my first"

And with the history I got around me here...I know they are here...just gotta find them.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt Joey, that coin spawned an interesting thread. That coin may not be hammered, but it sure took a beating!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a sweet, early silver there.

Congrats,

Buck

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool finds Joey - if it helps. I have only found two of those coins ever (one was cut that I dug last year) the other was complete and was dug in NC about 10 years ago.

Rare find in these parts for sure.

Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread