Knocked another 1800s coin off my bucket list!

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First here's the video

I found these coins at the oldest park in the city (the only old park really)! This place gets absolutely pounded as a result, almost every time I go I see other people swinging a detector there. Still manage to pull out good coins, and today I got my first 1800s coin from that place!

And here are the pics!
2014-04-16 21.14.22-1.jpg 2014-04-16 21.14.34-1.jpg 2014-04-17 18.09.36.jpg 2014-04-17 20.17.02.jpg 2014-04-17 20.19.30.jpg 2014-04-17 20.19.35.jpg 2014-04-18 18.15.02.jpg DSC_0021.jpg DSC_0022.jpg

Upvote 12

oakhunter27

Mar 25, 2010
ohio
Nice that eagle should clean up nice good detail

Sent from my SCH-S738C using TreasureNet in the middle of a field somewhere

OP
OP
mr helton

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice that eagle should clean up nice good detail

Sent from my SCH-S738C using TreasureNet in the middle of a field somewhere

Unfortunately the thing has already been brushed with soapy water and is completely clean. That's all surface damage from years of being underground. I can't even get a day off it but I'm still thrilled to have found it!

OP
OP
mr helton

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!! What camera are you using? The quality of your pictures are great!!

Thanks! For my videos and all of the pictures here except for the FE, I used my phone (Razr Maxx HD)

For the Flying Eagle (and most of my pictures in other posts), I have a little rig in my basement and use my digital SLR.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shame on you for fibbing to that nice gentleman:laughing7:That buff is in excellent shape. How awesome is that flying eagle?!? Not many of those posted here:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
mr helton

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shame on you for fibbing to that nice gentleman:laughing7:That buff is in excellent shape. How awesome is that flying eagle?!? Not many of those posted here:icon_thumleft:

Well at the time he asked where I found my stuff I had only known him for about 2 minutes so I was sorta caught off guard. I do feel bad but he had a great hunt today regardless. I talked to him again and actually fessed up and he just laughed and said he's been hitting the place for almost a decade and had been everywhere anyway :P

I'm absolutely thrilled about the flying eagle, there aren't that many of them out there! I'm having an absolutely awesome year with the new detector.

By the way I put some olive oil over the FE and am pretty sure I can see a 7 so I guess that makes it an 1857!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks fantastic you guys can still go to that old park after all of these years and score old coins like that. :thumbsup:
Congrats on the FE cent, and thanks for the video. I just subscribed. Keep em coming.
-MM-

OP
OP
mr helton

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the nice words and I really appreciate the sub!

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really fantastic finds! Thanks for sharing!

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow great finds! what detector were you swinging? I cant wait to find a FE!

OP
OP
mr helton

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow great finds! what detector were you swinging? I cant wait to find a FE!

I upgraded to an AT Pro this year and have really been killing it this year. I'm finding a ton of things in the trashy old park that people seem to miss.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, I would have told him I found it somewhere else too. I just recently had some lurker PM me asking me secret questions about where I hunt. I know the guy finds great stuff so when I turned it around and asked him where he was hunting he never told me. I would have taken him with me had he been willing to share, just obvious that he was just pumping me for his own gain. The next day I went to the WMA he was asking me about and found a 1942 Merc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread