Damn 1965

MaXvenK

Tenderfoot
Apr 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSC_0318[1].JPG
DSC_0314[1].JPG

Old park down there in the beach. I was so excited when I pulled it up. That makes this 1944 wheat penny the best thing I've found in 2 weeks.

I'd rather be digging old farm houses. I'm not sure what to think of parks so far. On the one hand it's good that so many people go there, on the other hand it's bad that so much of the metal is all newer drops. Maybe I should start with a trip to the library. The local internet resources can be such a bust.

Upvote 1

Sevenbeans

Apr 1, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a 65 dime and a 65 quarter yesterday.. UGH.. no silver for me yet only been about two weeks for me as well.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Max & SevenB. Welcome to T Net!
I've been hunting for many years and 99% of the time come up with the 65's. it's like Murphy's law and life are taunting me!
Areas used long ago by lots of people are your best bet to find older coins and ya you may have to do some cleaning out of modern trash before those sweet deep or not so deep sounds come thru.
Best old coins I found barber dime and LC was when they tore out sidewalks to replace them, but even that wasn't easy, they used trash furnace clean out for fill in the early days, I had a head for days from the constant detector noise, and went thru a couple of sets of batteries too!
Do some research see what older sights you can find. GL. HH!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1965 Clad & 1964 Pennies seem to like to bug me too :laughing7:

cool on the 1944 wheat penny though !
& the dime is still 10 cents more then you had when you swung the detector over it Right ? :tongue3:

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Research can pay off, I have dug a bucket full of 65's they seem to be everywhere. HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread