Gold Ring Found! A Story... 4/19

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

I posted earlier and forgot to mention this story. After my park dig of 4/19, I was driving past a friend's and I had just remembered that he wanted me to help him find his lost wedding ring in the yard, so I pulled over. His wife answered the door and said he was napping at the moment, so I asked her if it was ok to look for the ring...of course she would say yes, lol. All she told me at the door was he thought he lost it while raking and it must be somewhere by the yardy. That's all I got, didn't want to wake him up...so i went with that. It took me less than 10 minutes. Of course it wasn't buried too deep. I found it about a half inch down in the mulch around the big tree. His wife was very happy and I was sure he would be too when he woke from his nap. I am posting the pic he made of it after reuniting with it.

By the way, my friend is pretty much a local legend here in the music scene. He teaches guitar and plays in a few bands, most notably 'The Surf Zombies'. If any of you out there like instrumental surf rock, with that iconic vintage sound...check em out...they're good.

Ok, that's the story. I need to sleep a little.

Attachments

• hooversring.jpg
    hooversring.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 10

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Jarl! My first gold ring after I got the M6 was also for a neighbor that had lost her wedding ring doing yard work.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great return!

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job, I bet your friend is happy getting his wedding band back, now his wife will glue it to his finger...:laughing7:

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments everyone. I love being asked to solve a mystery! :laughing7:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread