Oct 6, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Fisher 1265x
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been going to the same civil war camp for over two years and it still continues to produce great relics! The site is on a friends farm, but it has been detected hard for over 20 years. We have found dozens of bullets, variety of eagle buttons and flat buttons, even 2 sword hangers... But we had never dug a coin... Until today!
The site is pretty spread out, but a lot of our finds have been made around two two large trenches. We have hit these trenches over and over again, and it seems like we always find something, even if its just a percussion cap! My day started out slow, while my digging partner started out hot. He pulled a pistol bullet and an eagle cuff button in the first hour. The trenches weren't paying off for me so I started working the tree line that separates the woods and trenches from a farm field. I figured this was the time of year to get into the brush, before the poison ivy pops up everywhere! I got a signal that sounded like a shotgun shell and showed up as 50-60 on the at pro. I dug a plug and it was still in the hole. Dug another 2 inches or so and popped out a penny, and I knew immediately by how thick it was that it was going to be an indian! It was such a thrill to find my first coin from the site. I kept working the tree line and soon dug a modern bullet. Moved 3 ft and got another target that sounded and read exactly the same, but figured I had to dig it. Glad I did, pulled out the .44 cal pistol bullet! Another 10 ft and I got the .52 cal sharps. Pretty great day overall. The targets have been harder to find , but persistence has been paying off!
image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 3

Eagleye

Mar 19, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 705
Garrett sea hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Keep us posted, looks like you have a great site there

Dimmer123