Heavy silver bracelet, paper currency, $3 face value, and about 900 pesos..........

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Its has recently occurred to me that I have been complaining about cheaply made overpriced equipment for about 3 weeks so so I thought I'd post yesterday afternoons park and Beach finds. Finding silver at Tijuana beaches is very common , but this is the heaviest bracelet I've ever found. (72.3). It has a guys first name on the face.....

It was in 1 foot of water and I never would have found it without my Sovereign GT.
The American coins are always trashed because they are older and not many Americans lose money at Mexican Beaches lately.....
The Pesos always look new because many Mexicans carry all their money around with them all the time and are constantly losing them.

The larger two toned stacked coins are ten Peso coins (13.25 pesos equal a US dollar so they equal about 80 cents each....)
The blue bill is a 20 peso note... I found it walking back. Mexican "paper" currency preserves well, because its made out of plastic. 20 pesos are worth about a $1.65

I was out for about three hours +-....

enjoy....

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    498.3 KB · Views: 236
Upvote 5

Eagleye

Mar 19, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 705
Garrett sea hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! That is one chunk of a bracelet. Thanks for sharing

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Congrats on a superior day! :occasion18::blob9::occasion18: Awesome heavy bracelet & surprising the wearer didn't notice that one falling off!

Thanks for your details about how the detecting goes in your area, interesting. Have Fun! :cat: Andi

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Correction, I found 90 pesos on that hunt, not 900......

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite the chunk of silver bracelet! Congrats on finds!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know those Mexican coins would make good looking coin rings.

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You know those Mexican coins would make good looking coin rings.
They are very cool looking Coins with a similar "throwback" to what you would find on the 1700s era spanish cobs or escudos
There is a 50 peso variant that was very popular up until about five years ago. I have found seven in about two years.
These Coins had a 90% silver center up until 1993.....
I have found two of those, and took about 40 out of circulation a short while ago when nobody seemed to know about the silver content

el remolino

May 26, 2013
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds. I live fairly close to the border here in Texas and have found different pesos and centavos coins. On occasion I'll have a few guys come through and give me a 20 or 50 pesos bill. The new ones are really funny feeling.

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet finds. I live fairly close to the border here in Texas and have found different pesos and centavos coins. On occasion I'll have a few guys come through and give me a 20 or 50 pesos bill. The new ones are really funny feeling.

Hey, ke tal?
Modern Pesos hold their value well, The prices for services and merchandise don't change on the Mexican side, yet both currencies change periodically relative to each other. This provides more value on the Mexican side. If the dollar starts to devalue the relative value of pesos increase. In Times like those, you get to buy more gas, groceries, ETC....

Also, I am a lot better looking on the Mexican side....

el remolino

May 26, 2013
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bien bien, y usted?
I have a box of pesos somewhere, but I think they are from the 70s and 80s. I did find a 1937 20 centavos the other day that was nice. Also found 1964 20 centavos, 1965 5 centavos and a 1987 100 pesos coin (got excited at first when I saw that gold color come out of the ground). To me, one of the fun things about the Mexico coins is they were always changing sizes and styles. Makes it kind of fun.

Always thought I was better looking over there as well, but it was just the Dos XX.

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Bien bien, y usted?
I have a box of pesos somewhere, but I think they are from the 70s and 80s. I did find a 1937 20 centavos the other day that was nice. Also found 1964 20 centavos, 1965 5 centavos and a 1987 100 pesos coin (got excited at first when I saw that gold color come out of the ground). To me, one of the fun things about the Mexico coins is they were always changing sizes and styles. Makes it kind of fun.

Always thought I was better looking over there as well, but it was just the Dos XX.

Ja Ja.... I know what you mean....

if I'm not mistaken at one point not to long ago, all of the silver portion of two toned pesos was actual silver. I think the cut off it was the late 70s or early 80s. I know the 50 peso coins center was still 90% silver in 1993.
I recall reading that this made Mexico the last country in the world to still use silver in manufacturing standard circulated coinage...

procali

Nov 16, 2013
BajaMex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, ctx 3030, sdc 2300, Sovereign Gt, Excal 1000, x-terra 705, profind, propointer. Stealth 720i and 920ix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, what beaches in tj do you hunt? I hit playas often, sometimes Rosarito by the pier, its rare to see a fellow md in the area.

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds, what beaches in tj do you hunt? I hit playas often, sometimes Rosarito by the pier, its rare to see a fellow md in the area.

Hola
No, there are only two of us. In two years I have never seen another hunter except myself.
sssshhhhhhh, don't tell these guys , tranquilo..............
I like to go to Playas right after any of the big Mexican or American holidays. It is it a very working-class beach and constantly gets replenished. Does my last hunt look about average to you?
I often wonder how well others are doing....
Adios.

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice ID, bracelet...

Thx, I'm considering placing a classified add in La opinion to see if I can get a Mexican named Pedro to come forward and claim it........

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on a superior day! :occasion18::blob9::occasion18: Awesome heavy bracelet & surprising the wearer didn't notice that one falling off!

Thanks for your details about how the detecting goes in your area, interesting. Have Fun! :cat: Andi

It is still clasped on the "female side". The portion that broke off and is missing is what was attached to the clasp itself.
These things don't stand a chance once they hit the sand in the surf line. Even if someone notices right away that the've lost jewelry, they most likely are no longer over the spot they lost it on.
Something relatively heavy to sand and water gets covered almost immediately.

Its still very very rare to find nice jewelry anywhere. Most gold and silver found MD'ing is broken or partial in nature.
Well made jewelry stays on very very well. I can't help but be extremely incredulous of the countless you tube videos that speak of ten rings in a week or month even, (always prefixed with my new CTX or AT Pro).
Very very rare to find a wedding band on a modern beach. A piece of broken scrap gold and silver every ten hours maybe. A nice complete piece once a month possibly.
Countless coins and soda cans, Yes.... (Soda cans are worth about 5 cents each)
There just aren't that many people that wear expensive jewelry to the beach.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions