British 65th Officer button In Excellent Shape.

Bryan6059

May 31, 2012
nova scotia
Detector(s) used
garret at pro
garret ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Managed to find this button, and wanted to share the before and after pictures after some cleaning. The before is just a scrub with some soapy water. The finish was done with the help of some lemmon juice!

IMG_0978.JPG IMG_0994.JPG

turned out beautifully :)

Upvote 17
OP
OP
Bryan6059

Bryan6059

May 31, 2012
nova scotia
Detector(s) used
garret at pro
garret ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In all the thousands & thousands of buttons I have found, I only have 1 silvered officers Button as nice as that one (not this Reg), but the fact you got it over there makes the History far more important than mine!

It most definitely has a story tell! Ive been trying to find some good info on the regiment and the nature of its time in nova scotia, but so far have a lot of dead ends. Im in an area that has Acadian history as too! The timeframe given by iron patch for the regiment in the province would also happen to be just shy of 40 years after the expulsion of the Acadians. Were they up there to aide in the resettlement of the area, or looking into other civil unrests? How many men were with the officer that lost this button... the questions are many, and so far the answers few... but im chipping away at some research ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions