YOU MUST LOOK AT THI NICKLE! ?????????

OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I found this nickle a couple weeks ago and I thought some kid glued a small brass disk to the front of this nickle so I put it in the rock tumbler to see if I could loosen the glue so I could get it off but it was still attached after cleaning it. The next thing was to try and pry it off with a knife but the blade slipped and cut into the brass disc. I looked inside and it appears that someone drilled out the nickle and placed this brass thing inside.? I would like suggestions to what you might think this is and why someone would take the time to do this?????

Onion

Attachments

• Nickle.jpg
    Nickle.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 628
  • nickle 2.jpg
    nickle 2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 596
  • Nickle.jpg
    Nickle.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 590
  • Nickle 3.jpg
    Nickle 3.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 580
  • Nickle.jpg
    Nickle.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 583
Upvote 0

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
battlecat got it. It's a magic trick toy. I have a friend who has one almost identical.

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
Onion, you can actually buy these at a local magic shop. The illusion is to change the a nickle into a dime (according to a magician). He says he has one of these pieces.
I'm not sure how the trick goes. The only magic I can do is making my butt disappear from the bed in the morning.
xXx

zommbee

Jan 31, 2005
Tacoma, WA
No, it' a SQUIRTING nickel!? I still have mine from when I was a kid.? Brass water
'tank' on one side, tiny hole on the other.? Hold it under water and squeeze, and it
fills with a tiny amount of water.? Then squeeze it again to squirt the water! You
can still buy them from Johnson Smith company and Archie McFees in Seattle!

Zommbee

OP
OP
OnionRings

OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Zommbee,

Your right!!!! There is a little hole on the back of the nickle so water can squirt out!

Well that problem solved!!!

Thanks guys!!!

Onion

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
So much for my magician. Guess his I.D. "Didn't hold water".
Good call.
xXx

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Wow, fooled me. Sure does look similar to my friend's trick coin. I didn't realized they bored them out for so many different tricks and gadgets :) Great id'ing, Zommbee!

nick1878

Feb 7, 2005
SE Indiana
I have actually found a quarter that someone somehow, milled out the center not all the way through and then inbedded a dime in it. One side looked normal and the other was a dime inside the quarter.

People have way too much time on there hands. The only good thing is they are too busy to detect the good finds out there. Keep it up

chef50

Feb 19, 2005
Hi Onion, what ya got there is a "TRICK" nickle...when it's in one piece, the brass attachment is filled with water and when you tell a victim to look closely at it....you push the brass back and water squirts them in the face....should be a VERY small hole in the face of the nickle.....It's a great gag...had one myself. Steve in Tennessee.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions