Sidewalk Strip Hunt Part II

Volksman

Mar 9, 2014
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, White's TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted the sidewalk strip beside my house again today. I found a brass pistol frame there a couple weeks ago and thought I would look for the barrel.

I was looking for ferrous metal so dug up a lot of nails and other trash. Some of the nails were small square nails that looked like horse shoe nails. Here is a picture of some of my finds.

image.jpg

The mouthpiece from a bridle at he top, a couple of buckles, at the bottom of the pic are two decorative pieces that were probably on the bridle, part of what looks like a hinge next to them, the long piece in the middle I'm not sure of, and a couple other small heavy pieces.

By the way, the pistol i found is a Frank Wesson Small Frame Superposed pistol. Below are the one I found and what it should look like.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Upvote 6

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are the most interesting finds I seen yet come from a sidewalk strip!
Congrats!

OP
OP
V

Volksman

Mar 9, 2014
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, White's TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone, I had to dig up a lot of nails to get the stuff I've found.

Msbeepbeep - I thought they were pretty interesting too. There must have been a barn or stables here at one time from the amount of nails and burnt wood I have found.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also found some fired .22 short casings all in one area. The pistol frame that I found was chambered in .22 short.

I'm heading out now to do some more searching.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions