Shoe Buckle, Button, Coins, Relics, And an Old Beautifully Detailed Mystery

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out today and dug a ton of signals. Lots of good ones as well. Started at a 1650s site and found one coin and what I thought was a piece of junk. The coin I can't make out bunch but what looks like a small head with a very pointy nose and a few spikes of hair. Wish it was in better shape cause it could be old coming from this site. image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg
The mystery item I put in my keeper case but wasn't sure why as it looked like a random round piece of junk. I got it home and gave it a rinse before I trashed it and couldn't believe that there was such a beautiful intricate design hiding underneath. The pics do not do it justice at all. The indented outlines all have tiny little ridges in them. There are tiny little fleur de lis between the bigger designs. Think it's just a fancy rosette but it has an almost medieval look to it which is neat. image.jpg
The next couple finds were a couple of old coppers. One a 1797 large cent and the other an 1802 large cent. Not completely cleaned up but here they are. The flat button is domed and big. image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
My favorite find of the day was the shoe buckle. Found one last year but this one is much nicer. Love it image.jpg
image.jpg
Here's a group pic of some of the other relics. Round balls will be sent to AQUA :-)
image.jpg

Upvote 7

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coin looks like an 1806/07 George III Halfpenny. What is the size in mm?

Great shoe buckle!

Attachments

• findadamnrealboy.jpg
    findadamnrealboy.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 125

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Complete shoe buckles are one of my favorite things to find. Also like the iron flatware.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow..... sorry couldn't catch your call earlier. Busier than a cat in a sand box. . Congrats my friend. Some incredible finds. :laughing7:

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wicked hunt, Ahab. :) The buckle and the mystery item are awesome.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Ahab. Congrats on a productive day of colonial digging. Keep hitting that spot hard. :thumbsup:

Bryan6059

May 31, 2012
nova scotia
Detector(s) used
garret at pro
garret ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
another good day diggin in the dirt! is always a good day when one breaks into the 1700's :)

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work buddy, you must feel good finding all that nice stuff!

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was certainly nice to have a productive day. My summers are pretty busy so I need to make every hunt count

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys I couldn't be happier with the shoe buckle and wish the rosette and my oldest LC were in better condition but I'm not complaining :-)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice diggings Abe. I'm sure it won't be long before the 17th century stuff starts to show up for you.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice diggings Abe. I'm sure it won't be long before the 17th century stuff starts to show up for you.
Hope you're right buddy. These sites are not easy to find around here and though I'm happy with 17 and 1800s items I'm really looking for the old stuff. I'll get there eventually buddy :-)

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Close enough to a George 111 soho half penny...good day.:thumbsup: SS
Thanks SS. Wish I had more time to hunt. Damn work screws up everything. So many old sites and so little time :-)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of finds! You always come up with surprises!
I'm sure AQUA is looking forward to adding that round lead to his collection! He he!

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
Love the shoe buckle! I have yet to find one complete, nice find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread