Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would like to see close-up pics of the 1794. Looks like a beauty! Obverse and reverse will be able to ID variety. Hogge

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't even know what to say. That is a spectacular haul of coins!!!!! I can hardly wait to see the video.

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
6 months? ugggh.was a blast hunting with you guys.post some pics of the buckles and finds from the day

OP
OP
D

Dr.Tones

Jan 7, 2013
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was stuck to a draped bust LC, a capped bust dime and another LC. Eric Doug it and he was pumped!

OP
OP
D

Dr.Tones

Jan 7, 2013
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HeavyMetalNut- I'll post them up soon. I keep forgetting that they're on my nice camera and I have to charge it. I'll try to get them up ASAP. For now here's my take for today ο˜‰

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 60

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killin it! Im a wee bit jealous:notworthy:

OP
OP
D

Dr.Tones

Jan 7, 2013
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lookin like our trip just came to an end. Raining pretty good

OP
OP
D

Dr.Tones

Jan 7, 2013
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was the best of times. It was the worst of times... Ok... well maybe not the worst. After 14 days of touring and detecting with a bunch of great treasure hunters (all of whom we now call friends) we are finally westward bound. Awaiting our return will be our true treasures... our families. It's bitter sweet. Leaving a land full of remarkable items waiting for their second breath of the New England air is difficult. However, being away from my wife and one year old son proved much more difficult than I had anticipated and I found myself yearning for their companionship. There were plenty of firsts for us on this trip. The bucket list has shrunk considerably. For that I am thankful. Some days towards the end of the trip I found myself thinking "WTF am I doing out here? Walking around in a corn field filling my pockets with THINGS I can't take with me when I leave this earth... At the expense of missing my boy's first this or that?" I guess where I'm going with this is, I LOVE this hobby... but two weeks away from home is too long for me right now. I really want my family to join me next time. Either that or maybe try 7 or 8 days instead of 14. I learned a lot though. This has been an epic adventure with the best of friends. We have managed to unearth all sorts of great prizes with the help of our gracious hosts. Each and every item that we dug tells two stories now. The story of it's past and the story of some kids from Idaho who went searching for the holy grail of Americana. The footage is amazing. The documentary will be magical. It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

May your treasure chests be as full as your hearts,
Dr.Tones

Attachments

• New England total  copy.jpg
    New England total copy.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 109

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a happy ending Doc. It's tough leaving the family. You don't realize how much they mean to you until you are away from them.
Looking forward to the DOCumentary.
I bet it was a blast hanging out with those guys.
Congrats,
Doug

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for sharing! I'll be watching for your video..an adventure of a lifetime...AND a chance to learn where the real treasure in life is...Congrats!

Joe (California)

PS: Taking a 2 week trip to Europe in August..but I will be taking my treasure with me..my two sons..and of course my metal detector <smile>.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely amazing haul, that trip must have been epic! Cant wait to see the video, congrats!! I totally understand what you mean by missingyour kid, I work nites and often miss alot, things like baseball games, etc. Again, congrats on an amazing trip

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread