Hambone

Jan 4, 2005
Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All!
Today was the strangest day in the Texas ghost town that I have had in a long while. Of all things I found a 125 year old false tooth. It sounded out on the detector as a coin. It appears to have been made of lead, it is very heavy for it's size. It has been coated with some sort of white material to give it the correct color. The lead is visable along the edges where it is worn through the covering. Doe's anyone know when they started making false teeth? Any help would be appreciated.
I also found this wood stove heater eye that is dated from the correct time period for the town.

Hambone HH

Attachments

• Olive False Tooth (Small).jpg
    Olive False Tooth (Small).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 289
  • Olive False Tooth 002 (Small).jpg
    Olive False Tooth 002 (Small).jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 268
  • Dated Heater Eye (Small).jpg
    Dated Heater Eye (Small).jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 272
Upvote 0
D

Darod

Hey Hambone,

Nice to see some more stuff from your Ghost Town.

Here is a link to all those scans you did. This should bring everyone up to speed with your Ghost Town adventure!

*********LINK TO HAMBONE'S GHOST TOWN***************

http://www.ao-fl.com/treasurenet/userimages/Hambone/

There are many of them from Hambone in that location. Take your time and browse through them.

Rod

E

Enloe Relics

I'm from east Texas! i live in UTAH now were in texas do you live if you dont mind me asking!

OP
OP
H

Hambone

Jan 4, 2005
Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enloe, I live in a small town called Honey Island about 30 miles North of Beaumont. HH
Hambone

E

Enloe Relics

IM from Nacodoches il ived in Harden Tx at one time i know were honey iland

OP
OP
H

Hambone

Jan 4, 2005
Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enloe, Good ole East Texas Boy! I was looking at the photo's of your finds that Darod posted for you. Super finds Darod has all my photo's of a ghost town project I am digging, he will help you anyway he can. I was having the same problem with the pics size when I first got on the forum. I downloaded a small software program (free) from Microsoft. I cant remember what it's called, I think it was boys toys or something like that. It works great! Keep up the good work!
Hambone

C

Carl in CO

Wow, a false tooth! Never know what you might find. All I can tell you is that George Washington supposedly had wooden teeth. If it is in fact a false tooth, wouldn't that have eventually caused health problems (lead poisoning)?

mavrick03

Sep 29, 2004
Stafford Va
well ham I'm not sure but i have found teeth from civil war soldiers with gold in them in some camps so i would say quite a long time on the false teeth

mav

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Tooth, eh? eeek, in my best girlish screech. Well beats real body parts I 'spose.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread