Eyeball find, dirty chain turns out silver bracelet.

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Quick story, I was searching for ww2 ammo, had no luck and went on to a spot where people sit on a bench to enjoy the view of the point overlooking the harbour of the city I live in. First I found some encrusted lost cents and then I sat down to scan the surface better. I saw this thing looking like a dirty shoe string near my feet, burried partially in the earth.
I picked it up, it was an ornate chain, rubbed away a bit of the dirt that was on and in it and it looked promissing, although the patina made it look brass-y I decided this would be a nice "trophy" for that days' hunt (the blue-ish green patina it showed does not come out in the photo I took, the black chunks on the left are obsidian blades, neolithic tools I regularly find at that spot...)

bracelet_before.jpg

On a hunch and as it looked silverish after some toothpaste and toothbrass scrubbing, I used some silverware cleaner, soacked it overnight in it. After a microfiber-cloth polish this morning it looked like this.

bracelet_after.jpg

Some of the links are bent, people stepped on it over and over, the end links and clasp are missing, guess this is why the former owner lost it but it looks nice.
I have no idea about it's age and style, maker and silver content, I will have to use my acid kit I guess for that but I'm pretty sure it is low, hahaha. I plan to remove the broken links, get a nice silver hook clasp to complete it and give it as a present to my wife.

Last edited:
Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread