Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1893 Chicago Colombian World's Exposition Brass Token

I had to take Racer to the vet, so of course I knew the vet had always worked in old places. I quickly brought up metal detecting and I ended up getting permission to hunt his yard. When I got there I quickly found out about "invisible fences" I wasn't there long and I was going nuts with all the interference noise when I got a classic Large Copper hit, 88 on my AT Pro. When I pinpointed it, it said 2 inches, I figured it was a quarter. I got out my Garrett pinpointer and could barely hear it. I dug down with my index finger, like I do allot for coins I figure are next to the top. It was a little deeper then I thought, grabbed my Lesche and popped out what I thought was a big King George. It was down about 2 inches. I seen allot of stuff I didn't recognize and got real excited. Here are the pix followed by a link to what I found. I really like this one, I love tokens.
Enjoy the pix, HH
Brad

Here are pix of it all cleaned up.

Here is the link, mine is the very first one. There is a very interesting read about this expo, and my token.
World's Columbian Exposition

Upvote 13

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a great token!!!! In awsome condition also...Great save Brad...

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe I found this through all that noise, sounded like my machine was going to explode, thanks guys, you should see the size of it. Makes my Braided Hair Cent look like a dime!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great_find.gif
Great find! Thanks for sharing...

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks vpnavy, and if I never thanked you before, thank you for serving our country.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep , I would sure be happy if I found one of those !!! Congrats !!!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks PikespeakCharlie, I'm going to send it in to the NGC and get it slabbed, I like it that much.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
treblehunter, Congrats of a nice token find! What are the chances that you would find a 1893 World's Columbian Exposition Chicago Token in New Jersey?? It surely would be almost as hard to find this Token in New Jersey as it is to find some Colonial Coins! The Token is also in pretty great condition as well. I just hope that if you MD in the Vet's yard again, that you don't dig up any Dog Tags with a dog still attached!???:sad7:

Frank

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find ! I just last week, dug a huge token, an International Harvester commemorative, and it about popped my eardrums! and it was a good 5-6 inches down. wow...I thought Large Cent when i popped it up, but it was actually larger, heavier and thicker than a LC, and I have posted it on our local site www.buckeyetreasurehunter.com...avatar is scotty2hotty there..if I get time I will post it here....I absolutely just about poop myself when a HUGE round object pops up out of the hole...that NEVER gets old !!..thx for sharing, great stuff...ddf

slowwevo

Jan 1, 2014
The Sunshine State/The Golden State
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
treblehunter, Congrats of a nice token find! What are the chances that you would find a 1893 World's Columbian Exposition Chicago Token in New Jersey?? It surely would be almost as hard to find this Token in New Jersey as it is to find some Colonial Coins! The Token is also in pretty great condition as well. I just hope that if you MD in the Vet's yard again, that you don't dig up any Dog Tags with a dog still attached!???:sad7:

Frank
I was thinking the same about the columbus half dollar I found a while back,then after much more research found a local city was actually founded not long after it was featured at the chicagos world fair in 1893 as a prototype city,for Scandinavians and or Vikings..... Great find and save TH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread