logging road find

reskinsrock

Oct 23, 2006
There is an old logging road that runs across my property to an old mill I have yet to find. :( Today I attempted to find it but only ended up with a chain that had six links and a big loop on the end, looks slavish.(used for slaves) How do I get all of the rust off of it and how do I preserve it. I know that one way uses hydrogen peroxide but thats as far as my knowledge goes... thanks if you reply and help ;D
k.k.

Upvote 0

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
molasses, bath............it works but slow

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to cook it=Electrolysis. I used electrolysis on a chain a few weeks ago and it took a few days but I got EVERY link free...ANd believe me, it did not look like a chain when I found it! It looked like a big lump of metal or a solid rock. When I took it home I washed it and got as much dirt off as I could and then took a wire brush to it. After that, use electrolysis on it for a couple of days. It will come clean...but it takes some elbow grease.

Sentinel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread