🥇 BANNER BIG Overstamped French Colonial Silver 1691/1696, Worn Silver, Silver Spoon ETC!

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed out today with the Patriot for a hunt, and it turned out pretty great! We first tried to get permission on a new area but there wasn't anyone around to get permission from - thankfully! We hit the bean field I got the spanish silver in last fall on Patriots gut feeling.
After a few hours of gridding and digging lots of odds and ends and small targets I got the small worn silver, it's about 17.5MM and has a right facing bust. A short while later I hit a solid 91 signal and dug the old pipe/valve, and than got another high 80s signal right next to it - I thought I was getting another piece of pipe, but out popped the big silver. Unfortunately the plow left a nice scratch on one side, but when I got it home and saw it was double stamped it made it better! Date of 1691 on one side, 1696 on the other. Also got a small copper coin, buttons, musketballs and lots of other junk that is still in my pouch!
IMG_2909.JPG
IMG_2908.JPG
IMG_2910.JPG
IMG_2912.JPG

Upvote 38

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go on finding an AWESOME find! Congratulations on digging and for making the BANNER!

:)
Breezie

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, that is so nice. Unbelievable!!!
After digging so many really high tones that turned out to be beer/pop cans or tin, it was a pretty unbelievable find!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread