Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I had no where near the day hunthicks had and was reluctant to post but I figured I would share anyway…As posted in his post, I had a gut feeling to get out to a certain spot, but didn't realize it was to benefit him lol… He had more of a surprised look on his face with that silver coin then he did with the gold coin…maybe because he thought he scratched it :icon_scratch:. Now on with the show…
I was very happy with the complete knee buckle, as they don't come out whole like that too often…My first Spigot key too and the pewter buttons look perfect so a military may be in the mix… The site deserves a few return trips as indicated when we were about to leave...

Attachments

• photo-8.JPG
    photo-8.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 86
  • photo-9.JPG
    photo-9.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 86
  • photo-10.JPG
    photo-10.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 91
  • photo-11.JPG
    photo-11.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 85
  • photo-12.JPG
    photo-12.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Upvote 11

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
Awesome finds! The holed copper and buckle are great. Good luck with future hunts.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the buckle, keg key, and fancy button! Good hunt.

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were sure lots of targets there, spread out all over the field. Gonna be lots more goodies there I'm sure, and it gets plowed every year or two so that always helps! Next time it's your turn for the good ones!

blugotti1

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2009
GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice finds!!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea to share. While hicks' silver was a sweet find for sure, so to is a complete buckle like that one. If I had found one like it today you can bet I'd be pretty happy about it.

Not sure I'd call it a knee buckle though given it's hinge pin orientation...across the short axis ? Knee buckles typically have the pin running the long way ? Not that I'm the argueing type. HAHA.

GREAT FIND...one I'm still waiting for ...(fingers crossed smiley)

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really cool digs. The buckle is sweet!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
No, you didn't find a monster silver coin, but you definitely had a productive hunt. A nice assortment of colonial goodies for sure. BTW - what's that large round item in the left center of the first pic?

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea to share. While hicks' silver was a sweet find for sure, so to is a complete buckle like that one. If I had found one like it today you can bet I'd be pretty happy about it.

Not sure I'd call it a knee buckle though given it's hinge pin orientation...across the short axis ? Knee buckles typically have the pin running the long way ? Not that I'm the argueing type. HAHA.

GREAT FIND...one I'm still waiting for ...(fingers crossed smiley)
Anchor Chape Buckle.... This type of chape in which the curved ends are slotted through a slit in the latchet is also used on early Type V buckles. Examples with the single spiked tongue were used for shoes up to the 1720's but after this time they are only used occasionally and by the 1750's they have disappeared altogether from the trade catalogues. This type of chape was also used throughout the 18th century for the attachment of knee-buckles. But seeing as the spindle runs width ways, and not the length it wouldn't be used as a knee buckle.
Both of you had a very good day. :thumbsup:

SS

Last edited:

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anchor Chape Buckle.... This type of chape in which the curved ends are slotted through a slit in the latchet is also used on early Type V buckles. Examples with the single spiked tongue were used for shoes up to the 1720's but after this time they are only used occasionally and by the 1750's they have disappeared altogether from the trade catalogues. This type of chape was also used throughout the 18th century for the attachment of knee-buckles. But seeing as the spindle runs width ways, and not the length it wouldn't be as a knee buckle.
Both of you had a very good day. :thumbsup:

SS

OK SS, I will certainly take your word for it that it may have been either shoe or knee...like said not the arguementive type.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That buckle would probably be the winner on most days... just not that day!

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a really nice type v buckle. I would love to find a whole one like that!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread