Nickel plated token? WTH?

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this at a local park; near a famous old park. Toned at 6" so it could have been 5 or 6. Who knows. The clad also came from the same park. The clad was in the 2" - 6" range. The token came out somewhat clean and shiny. That's the reason I think it is nickel plated. Here are the before and after photos. Not much of a difference, huh? A bit bigger than a quarter I think. I only had a bout 30 minutes to hunt.

If anyone has ever seen one please....do tell......oh, and it is struck like a coin in that the obervse and reverse are flipped. It is also identical on both sides. Thanks!
CC Dirty.jpg CC Clean.jpg

Upvote 10
Jan 31, 2022
Found this at a local park; near a famous old park. Toned at 6" so it could have been 5 or 6. Who knows. The clad also came from the same park. The clad was in the 2" - 6" range. The token came out somewhat clean and shiny. That's the reason I think it is nickel plated. Here are the before and after photos. Not much of a difference, huh? A bit bigger than a quarter I think. I only had a bout 30 minutes to hunt.

If anyone has ever seen one please....do tell......oh, and it is struck like a coin in that the obervse and reverse are flipped. It is also identical on both sides. Thanks!
View attachment 123188 View attachment 123189
My husband and I have found 6 coins just like this, I have not been able to find out anything about it sadly

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Were there rides or carnival booths at this old park? It looks like a token for games or rides. Interesting find.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread